He is very knowledgeable and took the time to explain what needs to be done. Please see our My '95 Saturn had its starter, elec.

Thanks to James my car is now running I’ve recently started pumping premium gas (92 grade) and it might be helping - when the engine does its GRRRing without starting I put-the-pedal-to-the-metal and it starts, albeit barely.You may need a coolant sensor, butiof that’s what were causing the no start condition you’d be experiencing it in the morning too. GRRR-sounding, but doesn’t kick over to start. Our certified mobile mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 U.S. cities. Preventing engine damage is another reason that a sensor fault can cause a hard to start problem. See the crack? If left unattended, it will cause other serious damage to your car. Not being able to start your car is an extremely frustrating feeling. The computer should tell him exactly what the sensor thinks the temp is and how close that is to actual.Since other possibilities have already been mentioned, maybe there’s a problem with the Idle Air Control valve and this is why the pedal must be depressed to start it.

If you can’t find instructions, there are many helpful step-by-step videos you can follow online.If jumper cables are not an option, you can call a roadside assistance service, like AAA, to help you start your car. If the engine is going to successfully turn over, then you need to correct this problem so that the spark plugs can ignite the proper mixture. A diagnostic code reader can be used to check for fault codes, these readers are sold at auto parts stores. The first thing you can do is to take a look at the coolant temperature sensor to see if it is cracked or damaged in any way. The computer is calculating an air/fuel mixture that is too lean. The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. The MAFs are very particular. First, ask someone around you for jumper cables. A replacement will most likely be needed if the issue has reached this point.The above list of problems is just some of the most common issues that cause your car not to start. But he may have mentioned the regulator first because its so easy to check.LOL - actually Keith its partly true. A multimeter will be able to test the strength of the current running through your ignition coil and tell you if you need a replacement.Lastly, another common issue that will cause your car to not start is a clogged fuel filter. Hopefully, after reading this article, you can take care of the situation without having to call someone to tow your car.How can you tell when your coolant temperature sensor is not working correctly? The MAF can become clogged with excessive carbon build-up from the combustion cycle, or sometimes by road grime. Fast, free online quotes for your car repair. This essential component of your vehicle’s systems turns mechanical energy into electrical energy, which in turn,... Even if you don’t know what to do, most jumper cables have very clear instructions included. Or if you prefer to guess until you correct the problem try the coolant temp sensor first–they’re cheap.Yep, I’m with asemaster. A faulty coolant temperature sensor may cause an engine to run hot and increase fuel consumption. And, thus far, it only happens after I’ve driven to the gym from work in the afternoon where it sits for 2 hours. That’s why pumping the gas pedal keeps your engine running.You can have a bad sensor even without a “check engine” light or trouble code. Your symptoms are a dead ringer for a bad engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT). Got my car running for a very reasonable cost. The coolant temperature sensor is typically found under the hood of the car, on the radiator or near the thermostat housing.If you notice any of the following is happening with your car, it could be a sign that something is wrong with your coolant temperature sensor.One of these symptoms by itself is not necessarily an indicator that your coolant temperature sensor is not working properly, however a combination of two or more could be. You have to describe exactly what happens when it won’t start. AAA has an annual membership fee, however, so you will have to pay for their service.

Now the car wont even start it will just crank. Your mechanic is stumped and grasping at straws.And, as cigroller mentions, please elaborate on ‘won’t start’.It cranks like normal, i.e. The computer is calculating an air/fuel mixture that is too lean.