;-)@curiousdannii It's terrible to park there - first you pull into the stall, then you pull out and try backing in, then you pull out again and pull in like normal and you can finally park your car. Anybody can answer Learn more about Stack Overflow the company The area has two active launch facilities: Kennedy Space Center (on Merritt Island) and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (on the cape itself). Today's Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is built on Merritt Island. (At the time what we now know as KSC was called the Launch Operations Center.) Stack Exchange network consists of 177 Q&A communities including I think the KSC and the Up Close tour might be best for us.

Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is open and has implemented safety protocols to ensure a trusted space for the well-being of our crew and guests. Discuss the workings and policies of this site Rockets and other spacecraft are launched from Kennedy Space Center.

America’s space program was born on the sunny coast of Florida at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in 1950. It only takes a minute to sign up.Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center are both at pretty much the same location in Florida. Now that everybody calls it what sounds to me exactly like "..throw in 'KSP' as well, and the confusion is complete:)Almost all the launch complexes / pads are on CCAFS property, only the old Apollo/Shuttle pages (launch complex 39) are on NASA property.

The area is also known as Florida's Space Coast. Because they are two very different organizations, the rules are quite different for each.

Need more? If your main interest is the modern manned program (space shuttle & space station) then take the up close tour.

@OrganicMarble Gotcha.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Canaveral There is a town named Merritt Island and a town named Cape Canaveral! That, or because the DoD regs to approve the use of USB were only started in the mid-1990s and, thus, haven't finished the approval process, yet. That of course was back when they were still doing manned launches from pad 39A with the space shuttle. So practically all the launches are from CCAFS. Featured on Meta

One of those.

Can we all just agree to use the term "The Rockety Place in Florida"?Technically KSC is not on Cape Canaveral the geographic feature. See my supplementary answer.So I guess I was right in the first place? Kennedy Space Center is located in the area on nearby Merritt Island. I get confused as well. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top The Cape Canaveral was picked as a place to build the Kennedy Space Center. KSC is on Merrit Island. There's a lot of overlap! Get the latest updates on NASA missions, watch NASA TV live, and learn about our quest to reveal the unknown and benefit all humankind.

We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers’ questions frequently.

site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under Both of these tours are much better than the standard bus tour.

Because of the dominant presence of the space program in the region, Florida's Central Atlantic Coast is known as the Space Coast. Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us