If the coin is a real error, it could be OK, so I’ve given you a long list of U.S. error coin characteristics and helped you determine how to tell if a coin is an error or not.Keep in mind, there’s a very good chance that most of the coins I’ve suggested you hold aside are not actual errors, but are just common That’s because it’s not always easy to tell a valuable error coin from a regular coin with damage. (Unfortunately, many of the coins that people ask me about and believe have errors really are Your next step is to ask an expert for advice. This is because Through years of experience with selling variety and error coins, we know the right values you should expect from your wonderful finds.

Nevertheless, sometimes we get questions about the pricing listed below and why it varies from some of the other sites to a degree. Bubbled coins are usually If you find a coin that seems to have layers of metal missing, hold it aside for further evaluation. The rarest and most popular type of doubling error is known as a Doubled-dies are definitely U.S. error coins that you should hold onto.One of the most obvious types of errors occurs when a coin is struck off center.Sometimes, the rim — the raised lip of metal around the edge of the obverse (head’s side) or reverse (tail’s side) design — will appear to be thicker on one side of the design than the other.If you see any raised lines or markings on a coin that don’t look ordinary, they could be due to an error.So, hang onto any coin you see that shows a raised marking. And when you do find them… the excitement factor is simply off the charts. I love my Kindle Fire!I highly recommend them to everyone! (Yes, some folks blow torch their coins — don’t ask me why! Prices featured in Variety & Errors Coin Price Guide are updated consistently and we always attempt to reflect realistic pricing when it comes to our price guide. I’ve also authored nearly 1,000 articles here at The Fun Times Guide to Coins (many of them with over 50K shares), and I welcome your coin questions in the comments below! Then, evaluate it further to see if what you have is a type of error known as A lot of people find coins that have a letter, mint mark, number, or other design element that appears to be partially (or even completely) missing.Sometimes such things are normal and common. My love for coins began when I was 11 years old. I’m a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG) and have won multiple awards from the NLG for my work as a coin journalist. The planchet, die, and striking (or PDS) classification system happens to correspond with the mintmarks of the three largest Not all errors fall neatly within the categories. I've contributed hundreds of articles for various coin publications including COINage, The Numismatist, Numismatic News, Coin Dealer Newsletter, Coin Values, and CoinWeek. There are many excellentEven if you didn’t have any luck finding U.S. error coins this time around, keep searching! An error coin is a coin that was manufactured incorrectly by a mint. I've also authored nearly 1,000 articles here at The Fun Times Guide to Coins (many of them with over 50K shares), and I welcome your coin questions in the comments below! Many times called mint errors, error coins come in scores of "shapes, sizes and types." The online Coin Community channel where we answer your questions and give information on error and variety coins to help you grow as a collector.Comment or email us any questions or suggestions for videos on coins.Don’t forget to like and subscribe our YouTube Channel so we can build the community and stay in touch!UPDATED WITH 2021 RED BOOK PRICES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON ALL SPECIAL RELEASE COINS You’ll need to determine it’s just environmental damage or if it’s a type of U.S. Mint mistake known as a That could be a valuable error — such as a coin that was struck on the wrong metal (known as a Coins like this are worth checking twice — because many off-metal errors are Found a penny that looks too big? Don't forget to visit Amazon to get your very own Kindle e-reader and a variety of Books about Coins.. That way you can take all of your coin books with you where ever you go. Sometimes design elements are missing from coins because dies crevices are filled with grease.The result is that some errors are known by multiple names.