His wife and son met him at the Pickwick State Park, where the park rangers were waiting to meet him and get good photos of the fish. It’s not easy to know you probably have a state record and choose to let it loose, knowing full well you won’t get credit for such a magnificent catch.The potential state-record largemouth bass is swimming in Pickwick Lake. The rain, mud and rising water limited their options, but they figured if they fished some shallow river bars, they might at least catch a couple of bass.Their first fish was a bar fish (striper), and at that point they figured the bass fishing might be a bust too.A few casts later, Walker hooked up with what he guessed was another bar fish or a big catfish. 15 oz. ... As I venture into My Garden at the start of each month, keen in my search for life’s Orchids and Onions to share, it is a treat to find a new and regular visitor. BLACK BASS FAMILY Largemouth Bass 14 lbs. 15 oz. Walker has been travelling the country this winter attending various trade shows and boat shows for Browning Eyewear. And even if it isn’t now, in a month or two, it probably will be. “I never dreamed I would catch a fish that would become a state record,” mr.
As some are aware, I have had more time to watch my garden in the last six months, a leg amputation coupled with a heightened concern for the COVID-19 reducing me to darn-near a hermit. Keen made his record haul on an umbrella rig made by Custom Rods of LaFallotte. The new mark surpasses the record which had stood since Oct. 17, 1954. Keen was advised that the fish had to be weighed on a certified scale.

© 6AM City LLC 2020. The Tennessee Urban Forestry Council announced that the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry selected Collegedale as one of its 2020 TAEP Community Tree Planting Recipients. Enter the email you're signed up with or The 5-minute read that will give you the inside scoop into what's happening in your city. Here stands George Perry and the All-Tackle record largemouth bass. That includes two fires that happened today. Keen had been fishing on Chickamauga Lake “When it hit the bottom of the boat I knew it was a really big fish and when I weighed it and saw it was 15 pounds, 3 ounces I was in disbelief,” Mr. Just enter your email below to
 become a member. Possible Tennessee State Record Largemouth Bass We got wind of a story about a big bass caught on Pickwick Lake. A possible new Tennessee state record largemouth bass has been caught and released on Pickwick Lake.Lance Walker, CEO of Browning Eyewear, has been travelling the country this winter, attending various trade shows and boat shows for Browning Eyewear. We believe it is. Friday, Feb. 13 proved to be a very lucky and history-making day for angler and new record holder Gabe Keen who made the catch on Chickamauga Reservoir. It was making runs, swathing back and forth through the water, but then he noticed his line surging to the surface, and he went down to his knees hoping it might be a big bass.It came to the surface, about 25 yards out from the boat, and rolled. Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, and channel catfish at 75-100 bass/acre, 400 bluegill/acre, 100 redear sunfish/acre and 50-75 catfish/acre. And it may have been the Tennessee state record largemouth to boot.

Ties are accepted, but a new state record will be recognized only if the weight of the fish is one (1) ounce (oz) or more than the weight of the previous state record for that species or recognized hybrid (see #7). Dale Hollow Reservoir D.L. Lance Walker, CEO of Browning Eyewear, has been travelling the country this winter, attending various trade shows and boat shows for Browning Eyewear.

In recreational angling, the largemouth bass is king. 8 oz.

Parksville Reservoir Harry E. Parker 8/18/91 TRUE BASS FAMILY Hayes 7/13/55 (World Record) Spotted Bass 5 lbs. Only the current species listed in Class A and B, or those approved by TWRA, will be considered for a Tennessee state record fish certification. He finally got the fish up to the boat, and they knew it was at least a 10-pound class fish, as Walker has modestly caught several double-digit bass from Pickwick Lake.“As soon as Ray grabbed her by the lip with two hands and pulled her in the boat, I knew I had a fish bigger than the 13.3 I caught from Alabama waters on Pickwick three years ago,” Walker said. They included: Sugar Creek Louge Barnett 10/17/54 Smallmouth Bass 11 lbs. The fish made several big runs, and Walker thumbed his spool to keep the powerful fish from tearing loose. All of the above combinations, except catfish only, must be stocked in ponds larger than 0.25 acres, and preferably in ponds 1 acre or larger. ... Tennessee State Parks has announced that the Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee (BRAT) will be a virtual event this year for the health and safety of riders and park personnel. No other species has an international following as massive and as dedicated as that of the largemouth bass. Channel catfish only at 100-150/acre. He finally got a few days at home and called his friend Ray Rittenhour to go chase crappie with him on Pickwick Lake. With a few hours left in the day, they decided to give up on the crappie fishing bust and see if they could just catch a few bass to salvage the day. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has confirmed that a new state record for a largemouth bass has been established, breaking the previous mark which was set more than 60 years ago.The new state record fish weighs in at 15 pounds, 3 ounces.