).Walmart will send you an email right before your time slot opens up to let you know your groceries are ready. Since I had already ordered tater tots myself, this was serious overkill. You can download the Grocery Pick Up app on your phone which allows you to check in so they know you are on your way.Once you get to your store, follow the Grocery Pickup signs to the pickup area and pull into one of the reserved parking spots. The fruits and vegetables that I ordered were fresh, which is the way it should be but was honestly one of my primary concerns.I also appreciated the fairness of the substitution policy and ended up with a national brand item when a generic wasn’t available.My favorite thing about Walmart Grocery is how much time it saved me.

I now love the service. In the email it will let you know how long you have to make changes to your order.You’ll receive an email letting you know your order is ready to pickup and it will share any substitutions or items that are not available.You can also opt in to receive a text when the order is complete. I am disabled and cannot do my own shopping anymore so I depend on them to be there for me and they have! Grocery pickup services from Walmart and others are becoming a lifesaver for busy Americans who want to save time and money.Whether you’re a parent trying to avoid the “Can I get a toy?” conversation or a single person who would rather not leave the car during a storm, you can see how this service can be a huge convenience.I gave Walmart Grocery a try to find out if it’s as good as it sounds. Walmart Grocery Substitutions. If you want to know the tax rate or if an item is taxable, call Customer Service. LOVED it. Wish me luck!Overall I like the pick-up. This was a $200 order and I had about seven or eight substitutions which is hight than normal. After I placed my first Walmart Grocery order, I received an email with information on when it would be ready and where exactly I would pick it up at my local store.The email also gave me the option to add items to my order before a cut-off time. Sometimes items might be out of stock. (Although I have waited up to 20 minutes before. At my store they do an excellent job substituting and choose produce that I would choose.

For example, if you ord Wolf Brand Turkey Chili, you may get beef and vise versa. Others were not discussed with me while I was there, and I didn’t discover them until I got home. Now that you know the steps to place a Walmart Grocery pickup, let’s talk about what you should do to save money before you place your order. They should Ofer a $20 gift card that customers can spend anywhere and NOT AT WALMART. The retailer guarantees that you pay the same low prices as folks who shop in the store.If an item’s price changes between the time you place your order and the day it’s packed, you’ll be charged the lower price.Walmart’s substitution policy can also work in your favor. It’s not that hard, and you probably won’t even notice the difference. However I’m relocating and I’m traveling and I’m trying to place an order in the location where I’m traveling now and I’m not able to change the store that I originally bought it from. One thing it asks is if you will allow substitutions. I simply added a credit card to my Walmart.com account when I was going through the checkout process and paying for my order.All participating Walmart stores now accept EBT for online grocery pickup orders. Evidently the meat truck didn’t come in so she recommended I call to see if my stew meat was there the next day!! If so, you continue on by putting in your zip code which will then bring up your nearest Walmart stores. That’s a plus for forgetful people like me.When my order was ready the next morning, I got an email and a text to let me know. I have young children, and it’s not always easy to get into the store with them, so I think being able to just drive up and get my groceries is ideal.Below in the comments, you will find TONS of reviews, so make sure you read those and leave yours as well!I know a lot of people have had complaints about this service. For as many times as I’ve used Walmart’s pickup service, I’ve had remarkably few substitutions. I go into a lot more detail later in this post.