Jimmy “The Greek” Snyder …

He made a dumb statement and he apologized for it. Condolences to her family & all who loved her. Remembering the The NFL Today of yesterday with our very first woman at the desk, Phyllis George ….the days of Brent and Phyllis and Irv. He helped many student athletets secure aid.Irv, a lot of people don't realize you played in the NFL. Welcome to SportsNation! "The NFL Today" on CBS was one of the preeminent sports programs on television in the early 1980s. He was very depressed.

Jimmy is not, in my opinion, a racist.
He seemed very depressed. Disappointed I never met her and told her that she inspired my personal story. After being crowned Miss America in 1971, George joined Brent Musburger and Irv Cross in 1975 on The NFL Today. Miss America in 1971, George joined Brent Musburger and Irv Cross in 1975 on “The NFL Today.” Jimmy “The Greek” Snyder later was added to the cast.

I feel sorry for him, because he was not a racist. that … People aren't thinking along the lines of strategy.

The thing that Jimmy brought to the broadcast, which is widespread today, is that people like to bet on games. We were often reminded to stay away form giving information to gamblers. He was embarrassed by what happened. That day was the day that I said he might be one of hte greatest QBs of all time.

She was herself-charming and funny ..helped her audiences connect with some of the great sports figures of the day. Miss America in 1971, George joined Brent Musburger and Irv Cross in 1975 on The NFL Today.

THat's about it.Did you know much about Jimmy before you started working with him at CBS?I knew of him, because as a player, we were aware of Jimmy's presence. At CBS, we had the major markets, New York, Chicago, LA and Philadelphia, the top four TV markets. A year later, she joined the popular CBS pregame show “The NFL Today,” working alongside Brent Musburger, Irv Cross and, later, Jimmy “The Greek… He was a guy that spoke crudely and sometimes stuck his foot in his mouth. What did you think?Yes, I saw it in the preliminary screening. I would call him and talk to him.

Also, with fantasy, it started with that as well.It seems like Every time someone says something dumb in the media that Jimmy is brought up. We had the NFC and we just dominated those markets.Did you stay in contact with Jimmy after his dismissal from CBS?I did.

Jimmy “The Greek” Snyder later was added to the cast. I'm not a psychologist, but I would call him depressed. They are more concerned about execution and not why they are doing what they are doing.What's your favorite sporting event that you covered in your career?Wow. And the next day he threw 5 TDs. George initially joined CBS Sports in 1974, then joined And Mowins is far from the only female broadcaster to take inspiration from George. It seemed like the floor was pulled out from him and his career ended abruptly. I'm sure it was less saturated then it is now. The NFL Today on CBS reigned king in those days with the sharp chemistry of Brent Musberger, Irv Cross and Jimmy the Greek, but it was the show’s reporter, Phyllis George. My assignment was to go to Denver the week before and I was with Joe the night before. Phyllis George was the pioneer we needed. What do you think of his comment being the one thing that most people remember about him?I think it's unfair to Jimmy. I agree with you that often times people don't look beyond what's been printed. And he died 3-4 years after that. He was a very generous man. He previously worked at Yahoo! George’s contributions to sports broadcasting will certainly be remembered, especially given the importance of Our thoughts go out to George’s family and friends.Andrew Bucholtz is a staff writer for Awful Announcing and The Comeback.

Former CBS Sports executive LeslieAnne Wade sent a tribute as well:A tremendous loss for our CBS family. Our issue was doing that without violating the NFL rules. AwfulAnnouncing.com is not an official web site for any media organization, professional sports league, team, or organization.