King then asked Leslie if Bryant’s 2003 rape accusation “complicated” his legacy. As news of his death broke, many brought up the 2003 allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman. That’s just not the person that I know.”King pressed Leslie and said that she may not have seen Bryant being aggressive because they were friends.Leslie responded by saying, “I just don’t believe that, and I’m not saying things didn’t happen.
Gayle King is catching flack after pressing WNBA legend Lisa Leslie about Kobe Bryant’s 2003 rape case. However, the case was later dismissed because the alleged victim refused to testify in court. The fact that he’s enjoying and being entertained by great basketball, it made other men feel—I’m hoping—like, ‘What is this about? Lisa was graceful to me bc if I was someone's good friend that died, idk if I would have responded like she did.Gayle King really tryna push that sex offender narrative on Kobe while he is no longer here to defend himself? “Sorrow has been awaked in my life, in [Bryant’s family’s] lives, in the world’s lives,” Leslie reflected on the tragedy.

The interview subsequently went viral on social media, with some Twitter users See the full CBS clip and find some Twitter reactions below. During an interview with Leslie for “CBS This Morning,” which aired on Feb. 5, King asked if Bryant’s rape case would tarnish his legacy.“It’s not complicated for me at all,” Leslie responded when asked about “Even if there’s a few times that we’ve been at a club at the same time, Kobe’s not the kind of guy, never been, like, ‘Lis, go get that girl, or tell her, or send her this.’ I have other NBA friends that are like that. I don’t understand the need to weaponize her gender, in this moment, when we’re all collectively mourning the loss of Kobe. “He was really making change… changing the mindsets of other men, more than anybody else,” she told King. Gayle King has been under fire all day following her interview with WNBA Champ Lisa Leslie who was also close with Kobe Bryant. “Even if there was a few times we’ve been at a club at the same time, At the time, a Colorado hotel employee had accused Bryant of sexual assault. Gayle asked Leslie whether her feelings towards Kobe are “complicated as a woman, as a WNBA player.” ‘Cause you just know that she had the mentality. It’s good.’”“I remember seeing him, like, “Lis, she got it,” she said. LolGayle King will not take a day off from her black man hate campaign. I just don’t believe that things didn’t happen with force.”The charges were dropped in Bryant’s 2003 rape case, but he settled with the alleged victim.Following the interview, King was blasted on social media.Gayle king bringing Kobe Bryant RAPE case up SMH she is idiot!Gayle King and Oprah are so disgusting so I don’t even know why I’m surprised by this.

Why would she even ask? I didn't find gayle's questions unfair and I found some of lisa's answers problematic but it felt very ambush like to me and prodding by gayle for a headline. This time, with two special guests: Actor Idris Elba and his new artist, signed to his 7Wallace label, U.K. rapper Che Lingo.video for Idris Elba talks his record label 7Wallace with new signee Che LingoBarack Obama gives powerful eulogy during John Lewis’ funeral servicevideo for Barack Obama gives powerful eulogy during John Lewis’ funeral serviceHis representatives confirm that it is not because of COVID-19.Celebrities and public figures are human, and their mental health matters too The "We Gon’ Be Alright" episode of "REVOLT BLACK NEWS" discussed the mental health of public figures, and overall mental health during Coronavirus.video for Celebrities and public figures are human, and their mental health matters too Mike G talks Odd Future opening up for Nipsey Hussle, touring with Frank Ocean and moreIn this installment of "Tour Tales," Mike G discusses Odd Future opening up for Nipsey Hussle in 2009, Earl Sweatshirt’s surprise appearance at Hammerstein Ballroom in 2012, and how the pandemic affected his shows.