The city is easily navigable and quite rewarding to explore on foot.The most notable landmarks in the city are the Riga Cathedral and that is a good place to begin your journey. Switzerland might be more expensive, but it’s really SUCH a beautiful place. Thank you for the websites. 21 countries in 90 days is not slow travel!! looking to live in europe for 3 - 6 months Living in Europe forum. I love food and the outdoors, art, architecture and history.

You will find plenty more under our Western Europe Travel Guide section where you will find suggested itineraries, things to do, and everything you need to plan your Western Europe trip. Poznan makes a great stop between Wroclaw and Torun. The most stunning one of all is the They also have an impressive light show explaining the history of Avignon that you can attend on a summer night.You can also go on a day trip and explore the surrounding towns like One of my favorite pieces of architecture in France is the With the thin layer of water from the Miroir des Quais and the beautiful architecture that it reflects, this place is one of the most photogenic locations in the city.The Miroir des Quais is best seen both in the morning when the light isn't too strong, and at night when the sky turned purple and the artificial lights of the city illuminated the streets and its reflection.Right near the Place de la Bourse is the 18th century The only reason I put Rennes in this itinerary is that it is a cheap base to make a day-trip to Mont Saint Michel rather than staying nearby which can get quite pricey.From Rennes, you can take the 9:45 AM train to Mont Saint Michel and get the return train at 02:45 PM which should give you 4 hours to spend at Mont Saint Michel.One tip for visiting Mont Saint Michel is that, if you can plan ahead, align your trip during the high-tide period where the water will cover most of the muddy area around the island creating a beautiful reflection of the Mont Saint Michel making it even more magical.Ah... Paris, the crown jewel of France. I know I did not say how much I have and will not, but let's say it is around your younger DD Ny traveler, but as I am a solo traveling female, I also won't be drinking a ton, although I will definitely have a drink or 2 most nights, so the money will be spent on food, and other fun. Great post! It is best seen during the evening when the sun is about to set and the water in the river calm and still.Warsaw, the capital city of Poland is one of the country's most vibrant cities and you will be spending 2 full days here.For the second day, we will take it a little slow and take a bus heading towards Wilanow from the old square and get off at the end of the line where the After spending a few hours at the Palace, on your way back to the city center, be sure to visit Krakow is where I based myself of when I was living in Poland for 3 months and it is by far the best place to travel to as a traveler with the balance between the medieval vibe of the city center, chilled vibe of Kazimierz (the Jewish quarter) and the many things you can as day trips.Spend your first day in the city center and check out the stunning interior of the Zakopane, a town located under the shadow of the Tatra mountain range at the border of Poland and Slovakia which makes it a great place to go hiking, cozy up in a mountain hut and enjoy a nice glass of mulled wine with delicious smoked cheese with jam (oscypek).You can spend one full day hiking the Morskie Oko trail which should take you around 5 - 6 hours total and you will have a grand view of the Morskie Oko lake. Find answers to your questions in the Living in Europe forum. The city has quite a few things to offer from the most colorful old square to the reddish pink colored Catholic church, the Fara Poznanska.Spend a day walking around the square and check out the Poznan Town Hall and its colorful construction houses of Poznan (Torun, one of my favorite cities in Poland, have that fairy-tale vibe you do not get in many cities.With its medieval architecture, baroque-style church and its history involving knighthood, walking around Torun were like walking through one of the Gdansk is one of the most important port in Poland and it is the location where the first World War 2 crashes happened during the invasion of Poland by Nazi Germany.Gdansk is also famous for its colorful architecture around its If you want to learn about the Polish experience during World War 2, visit This Gothic fortress is the largest in the world by land area and there is no place quite like it. I know it is a lot and I am working on cutting cities and countries and areas out. Robert Winick 4. Both airports have plenty of flights going in and out every day such as Iberia Airline from the US to Spain and KLM for flying out from Amsterdam.To find the cheapest flight to Europe, make sure to browse through Europe is massive and since this itinerary covers over 10 countries, a well-planned route and mode of transportation are essential especially with the 90 days limits on our tourist visa. Someone made a suggestion of making a two or three week trip instead of a 3 month trip, and I think this suggestion deserves your consideration. Looking for a complete travel guide to Copenhagen?