However I find very little leaks out during the procedure.Working at the engine cover (red arrow), pull off the two front sir duct hoses (green arrows).To detach the ducts, pull them straight off the engine cover/air filter housing. Correction- I went back in and spoke with the technician, rather than the service writer and it turns out to be the 2-pole auxiliary fan switch. I am looking for the last one !!! It is a two-wire sensor. JavaScript is disabled. Four metal clips that grab onto rubber mounts hold on the cover. Qualification for membership is for owners of such cars and true enthusiasm for the marque. Any help is greatly appreciated. The temp sensor, swinging around on its own wire in the under-dash space all these years, has obviously thought that the temp under there was just fine. If it doesn't budge, spray the surrounding area with penetrating oil. Not to worry, it is not that bad to extract the broken sensor. Seems to be wedged in behind the accelerator somehow but wont slide out. Glad I went back in to clarify. See our tech article on Once you have the sensor out, clean the mounting bore thoroughly. Vehicle interior temperature sensor! I am located in a salt belt, so these sensors are almost always stuck in place. Be sure to work with a cool engine. If the fan is working, it will hold a 1cm by 1cm piece of paper in place because of the fan sucking air in. Applies to: E320 (2004-09), E320 WAGON (2004-09), E320 4MATIC SEDAN (2004-09), E3204MATIC WAGON (2004-09) If either does not work, the A/C compressor clutch will not come on. Glad I went back in to clarify.1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext. Mercedes-Benz Owners (MBO) Forum, exists for the benefit of owners of Mercedes-Benz cars. Install a new sensor with O-ring. When removing the sensor, be very careful not to damage or mar the O-ring sealing surface in the housing. 17" SSR wheels 8.5J front 9.5J rear (235, 255 tyres) I believe that you could access it by removing the driver's side dash lower panel. $35.00.

The red arrow points to the sensor, showing it broken from trying to remove it. I use a flathead screwdriver wrapped in a rag (red arrow) and soapy water spray.Once clean, use a small flathead screwdriver and remove the coolant sensor retaining clip (red arrow). Cab, 1998 BMW 540ia Sport, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser, all old, high mileage beasts, but all paid for! £86.94. If the compressor is stuck on, the air will be very cold at first, before warming up. Temperature sensor right supply 5. Then use a small pick to remove the center electrical terminals from the sensor and the surrounding plastic. If you have a coolant sensor fault code stored in your DME and your engine isn't running right, I suggest replacing the sensor before digging too deep. Please try again later. If you're working with the electrical system, disconnect the battery before beginning. 3 Left flow temperature sensor 4. This means as engine coolant temperature increases, sensor internal resistance decreases, causing a drop in sensor voltage. One wire is the reference voltage monitored by the DME to determine coolant temperature. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This website is not in any way connected or affiliated with the Daimler Group. Ended: May 21, 2020.

The coolant temperature sensor on Mercedes-Benz W211 models with a 6-cylinder engine is mounted in the coolant housing in the center of the engine, next to the thermostat.

DIY Mercedes Benz W211 Coolant Temperature Sensor - YouTube What is the official name for this part, on benzbin all I can find is heater temp sensor. In the coupe, the output of the sensor is routed only to the AAC pushbutton control panel (N22) In the cabriolet, the sensor output is also routed in parallel to the Roll Bar control module (N52). The thermostat switch is wired in series with the A/C switch. To confirm that this part fits your vehicle, please choose a vehicle from the "My Garage" list OR enter your vehicle’s details below. The evaporator temperature sensor can fail, causing the AC compressor not to cycle. I'm surprised that nobody yet has said ' get it plugged into Star at an Indie' Having learned something yesterday, it set me thinking.Have had the car for over 2 years now, I was always curious what the above was, now I know thanks for thatLOL - could be worse - I've spent the last 4 years talking into that bit on mine... :Oops:

"500"sel - M117.968 --> M119.960 conversion, standalone LinkPlus ECU (linkecu.com) tuned to ~260kw, full dual 2.25" mandrel bend exhaust, AMG 2nd Gen full body kit & interior mods, Bilstein HD's and custom springs. Do you have questions or want to add to the article? The other a shared ground wire, shared with the engine oil sensor and the engine pressure sensor. Mercedes W211 W204 Interior A/C Heater Hvac Temperature Sensor Unit 2118300272.