Art, nature and a splash of history — Madison’s east side sculpture culture is just the ticket. UW-Madison Arboretum Scenic route looping around Lake Wingra through Vilas Park and Nakoma. So I'm beginning to reacquaint myself with bike riding for fun/exercise.

Love what you see? Our scenic Loop the Lake Bike Ride around Lake Monona features five fun stops along the way. His quirkier pieces are a few blocks from the park along Atwood Avenue, between Winnebago and Dunning Streets. I took the Lake Loop around Lake Monona the other day and really enjoyed it, and I was wondering about eventually doing a larger loop around Lake Mendota. Surrounded by the Yahara River and within walking distance of the lake loop bike path, paddle rentals, new live outdoor music venue, neighborhood restaurants, iceskating rink, coffee shops, and hotels, come see why Pirate Island Monona is the hottest and most affordable waterfront community in Madison. Comments This is a good stopping place for a quick swim or a sit on the funky repurposed metal benches, also created by Erika Koivenen. Thanks for rating, the route was added to With Bikemap Premium you'll always reach your destination safely.

For your reference: Lake Mendota (22 mi), Lake Monona (13 mi), Lake Kegonsa (10 mi), Lake Waubesa (9 mi), and Lake Wingra (4 mi). The final two sculptures are a short distance away in The final stop is surrounded by drama.

Hey all! No route collections created yet. Relax outside, enjoy dinner on the patio or have a bonfire.

The sculpture contains giant replicas of tools and materials manufactured on this street. Hidden Gem — a time capsule suspended at the base of the tree — contains a ring Howard made with his father, a drink chip from the Caribou Tavern and a wheat penny from 1936. Please check with individual businesses before visiting.Art, nature and a splash of history — Madison’s east side sculpture culture is just the ticket. Loop the Lake.

A journey back in time.Following the Lake Loop, turn onto Jenifer Street, then Spaight Street. Continuing past Monona Terrace, the gateway into the Williamson "Willy" Street neighborhood welcomes you with the hard-to-miss, towering 32-foot repurposed metal "CommuniTree."

( Artist Susan Walsh celebrates recycling and the hard-working ethics of this area. Tags Rate this route Boyd’s works, made of painted cast concrete, are weird and wonderful. If you didn’t get enough,

You will reach B.B. Pieces rotate annually, and this summer you'll see the thought-provoking “Turning” by Gail Simpson and Aristotle Georgiades, “Timekeeper” by Steve Feren, “They 1 & They 2” by Michael Burns and “Mobile Home” by Andrew Arvanetes. For more metalwork, visit her flowering shrub sculpture in front of Madison Sourdough and Dr. Evermore’s giant metal birds, "Dreamkeepers," off the bike path, on Patterson Street.Continue on the Lake Loop, and cross over the Yahara River bridge. After all, we are riding for our five favorite lakes! Well worth the side-track, you will find "Geometric with Round Window," "Tall White Lantern," "Creature Abstract Head," "Tree Limb Faces," "Blue Urn with Dragon," "Smiling Mushroom" (also called Man Eating Mushroom) and "Blue Lantern on Tripod." Please activate JavaScript to show all comments.

This charming stretch of the Then take an unexpected adventure up the Monona Terrace bike elevator (level 5) to their rooftop sculpture garden.

Each route you rate 4 stars or above will be added to William King’s "ACT" found its home at the mouth of Starkweather Creek after being exiled from the civic center in the ’70s. Registration for the week-long event, ending on Father’s Day, Sunday June 21st, still includes a super soft event tee to show everybody you rode a bike to support our lakes!

As far as I can tell though, unlike with Monona, there doesn't seem to be a definite route to take. A kid favorite is the "Polar Bear Chair," located in the Circle Park on Elmside Boulevard. Clarke Beach.