Well..

I ordered a new heatsink and am waiting for the weekend to install it (have to take out the whole motherboard and mount the backplate).

Unplug your computer, hit the power button to discharge any remaining voltage, and use a can of compressed air (or a more Earth-friendly electric air pump) to carefully blow dust off your CPU cooler.

Your CPU temperature sensors are fine.

You likely don’t have any on hand, so you’ll have to pick some up.

Listen to what they are telling you.Had a Core i7 860 in the shop the other day with the stock fan.

Your computer should be able to handle a normal boot (and normal use) without giving you any warnings.If your desktop computer freezes or crashes randomly, and you see this error message appear even though you spent the past hour doing something benign like browsing your favorite website or looking at photos, I’d be slightly more concerned. Forums

However these sensors tend to break!

Your PC is unlikely to burst into flames, nor are you (probably) dealing with a major issue.

It’s an annoyance at best, and one that might put you out of commission for a small amount of time, but odds are good that everything is completely fine with your system.There are plenty of normal reasons this notification can appear.

Use a pen or some other tool to ensure the fan’s blades don’t spin around like crazy.

If I had 99C idle temperatures, I sure wouldn't be doing any stress testing on my computer.

Close out of that to reset your system like you regularly would, and you should be able to boot into your operating system without any issue. Many new PC cases have temperature sensors in them, allowing gamers, overclockers and enthusiast to monitor the temperature of their computer.

Maybe your CPU cooler’s fan has accumulated a lot of dust and gunk, or it’s just not spinning very well (or at all).

I've noticed that most people will point to the heatsink as the culprit, if it's the stock heatsink, I'd go get a cheap aftermarket and see if it improves anything. The temperature sensor for the CPU is normally on the CPU. 0 U. unclewebb Guest. They are telling you that your heatsink has come loose.

So if it failed there I would think you would be having more problems than this!

Once you do (and please don’t use Otherwise, you can also try updating your motherboard’s BIOS (to make sure it’s reading temperatures correctly) or resetting it to its factory default settings, just in case.