Toppin, who won this year's Player of the Year award from The Associated Press, averaged 20 points per game and 7.5 rebounds per game and led Dayton to the No.

Obi Toppin discusses the success of Dayton's season and is confident the team could've made a run to the national championship. You have come to the ESPN Africa edition, for other ESPN editions, click above.Obi Toppin is just getting ridiculous at this point as he throws down a windmill dunk.

"Toppin commenced his Wooden Award campaign by recording 18 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks in a 90-84 overtime loss to Kansas at the Maui Invitational in November.Toppin is the seventh sophomore to win this award and the first since Trey Burke in 2013.Toppin confident Dayton could've made it to title game (1:34) 3 ranking in the final AP Top 25 poll.

The Big 12, Big Ten and Atlantic 10 are also represented.Toppin, who won this year's Player of the Year award from The Associated Press, averaged 20 points per game and 7.5 rebounds per game and led Dayton to the No.

A projected lottery pick in this summer's NBA draft, Toppin recorded 20.0 points per game, 7.5 rebounds and 1.2 blocks while connecting on nearly 70% of his shots inside the 3-point line. "But I just felt like, with the guys I had around me and the coaches I had around me and the family I had around me, they pushed me every single day to be the person and the player that I am.

All rights reserved. Iowa finished 11-9 in conference play and 20-11 overall.After the announcement, Garza tweeted congratulations to Toppin for an "incredible season. The definitive source for all Rivals news. The Flyers were unranked in the preseason polls and weren’t even picked to … He’s a monstrous finisher in pick and roll and dump off situation.

Dayton Flyers forward Obi Toppin capped his magical sophomore season Tuesday, when he was announced as the winner of the John R. Wooden Award over Iowa's Luka Garza. "Everybody bought in to what the coaches were asking, and we were dominating every single game this year.

Toppin landed the No.

An appearance in … He won Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year honors in 2018-19 before exploding onto the national scene this season as a sophomore.Toppin said on SportsCenter that staying the course led to his success.

Powell averaged 21 points per game for No. "I definitely feel like our team could've made it to the national championship game, just because of what we were so able to do this season and the amount of skills we had on the team," Toppin said in an interview on SportsCenter.

After playing just one year of varsity basketball in high school, he was an academic redshirt in 2017-18. 3 ranking in the final Howard led the nation in points per game with 27.8, and Garza was fifth at 23.9. "Hawkeye Nation- Before you all react, I just want to say that winning 1/6 NPOY awards, and to be named NPOY by 6 other media outlets is a tremendous honor for my family, the University of Iowa, and myself. Toppin last week announced that he would The Big East, with Marquette and Seton Hall, is the only conference with more than one player on the final list. Garza was averaging 23.9 points and 9.8 rebounds when the NCAA canceled its postseason tournament.

1 highlight on ESPN’s Top 10 plays after his between-the-legs slam in a regular-season closing win over George Washington.