Not ONLY do you have to have a .MTL file if you want to use a texture map - but it has to have some entries in it OTHER than the "map_Kd test.jpg" entry specifying the texture image or the .MTL parser will hiccup, cough and sputter badly - in essence - just not work.

Thanks!Thanks for bringing back to my attention will look into it.I think this is not an bug, but a result of how the PShape object is constructed from the OBJ data: the the faces of the OBJ are stored inside a base group shape that does not contain any vertices. Methods inherited from class processing.core.PShapeSVG getChild, print; Methods inherited from class processing.core. To use VR with Cardboard, you need an Let me know if you have another OBJ file for which this approach does not work.Thanks for the code example although I am still getting zeroes for u andI think this is not an bug, but a result of how the PShape object isprintln("Number of vertices in base shape: " + rocket.getVertexCount());I'm getting the corresponding UV values printed to the console for eachSo - I got it working - but it took some digging.

12. The Android mode supports Google Cardboard and Daydream, and you should be able to write 3D sketches that run on the phone as Cardboard apps in stereo mode and respond to the head movement. GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our Just checking to see if any progress had been made on this issue. The format for the .MTL file I had to end up using looked like this:Again - I don't use materials for many of my .OBJ files with textures - so while I don't mind terribly about requiring a materials file - I DO mind having to have bogus entries in it - even though I don't use them - other than the "map_Kd" entry.I am going to look into changing the .OBJ reader to eliminate the .MTL file requirements for .OBJ files that use texture maps but not materials.I ran into this a couple months back and had gone so far as to start writing my own loader. Let's start by defining a 2D grid as a reference.Because performance is very important in VR to keep the framerate as high as possible and avoid Note how the y coordinate of the grid vertices is +1000, since the Y axis in Processing points down, so objects under our line of vision in VR should have positive coordinates.Now we can add some objects!

That's not all. Working with Shapes and 3D Objects.

A basic sketch for VR needs to include the library import, and the VR (or STEREO) renderer: