The Rhine Pass is valid on all scheduled KD day cruises between Cologne and Mainz, as well as the Moselle between Koblenz and Cochen except special theme cruises. I would not recommend starting before Bingen as the scenery begins after the Bingen stop. She’s currently based in London and spends her time traveling the world and writing stories about it while working away at her first travel book. Those who wish to experience the whole of the UNESCO Heritage site should begin their tour in the famous wine town of Rüdesheim. You can take a river cruise or spend some time cycling along the river. Also, the breathtaking Rhine Gorge is just a short journey south, so it might be worth booking more time to accommodate a day trip or two! I took the KD cruise from Bingen to Braubach. Enjoy onboard commentary and take in the scenic panorama of the majestic castles, churches, and vineyards along the shores of the Rhine, then explore one of …

To inspire your trip to the Rhineland, here are the best day trips from Cologne, expertly compiled by our excellent team of travel writers! The most popular time for tours from Cologne is November, which has … During this time, she has written about travel, culture, health, lifestyle and cuisine for the likes of American Profile, Spry Living and Relish and covers entertainment and human interest stories for People magazine. When you’re ready to move on, simply catch the next bus and continue your personalized itinerary.Experience Cologne’s magical nighttime landscape from the water on this evening Rhine River cruise.

We have 43 tours that range from 5 days up to 14 days. You decide. You can also cruise along the famous River Rhine, visit fairytale castles and palaces and see historic, medieval villages in glorious, beautiful locations. Customers can easily take a bus or train from Schaffhausen to witness the Rhine waterfalls at Neuhausen am Rheinfall. The tour is in German and English which is nice. Trains run on both banks of the Rhein but nothing beats a cruise on the river itself. Rhine River cruise. Everything is possible. Cologne (Köln in German) is full of top German sights.But one you've gawked at the massive cathedral, sampled the wares of the chocolate museum, and walked the Rhine Promenade, you might wonder what else you should see in this beautiful region.. Hop off at Cologne Cathedral, Old Town, Roncalliplatz, and more. With a history going back more than 185 years, KD is the only shipping company to run daily services along the entire stretch of the Rhine between Cologne and Mainz. I took the boat all the way to Braubach to be able to see Marksburg Castle andThe sky was cloudy on the day of our cruise. The only thing that i can tell that it was brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A one-way stretch of the journey takes four to five hours and carries passengers from Kreuzlingen to Schaffhausen, past World Heritage sites like Reichenau Island and the peaceful landscape of Lake Constance. I had caught a bad cold the earlier night so wasn’t feeling very comfortable. 2 or 3 days should be enough to cover Cologne's top attractions but bear in mind that the city is located in a cluster of others worth visiting, such as Bonn and Düsseldorf. This one day travel ticket (KD Rhine Pass) that departs from Mainz is a ticket which allows the traveler to ride on the KD ships (Except Rheinjet) for one day. We just took the 1 hour tour. !♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️Was a lovely trip on the river staff on the boat were very happy to help with anything.