He grew up in Alexandria, Minnesota and is a graduate of St. They adopted me in 1981. 919 likes. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. At the age of six months old, I arrived from South Korea, and lived on the lake! That’s when the Nebraska native learned more about the Northland’s unique culture. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. I have learned so much about the world we live in while studying abroad in Florence, Italy, traveling throughout Europe, and living in New York City during … I enjoy traveling, meeting new people, and sharing their stories with others. When I was about four, we moved to Virginia. WDIO Sports at Ten 7/22/20. It's a nice place to return to. Or they wave and say hello as I walk into restaurants or businesses. University of Iowa. She has visited over ten countries and isn't done adding to her list.If you have any story ideas for Chelsie, you can send them to her at Copyright 2020 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. Chelsie was heavily involved with the student-run television station Daily Iowan TV, and her last year she was the Sports Director and covered the Hawkeyes in the TaxSlayer/Gator Bowl.Chelsie won Iowa Broadcast News Association Awards, and also worked with the Big Ten Network Student U as a sideline reporter and color commentator.While Chelsie will be reporting on the Vikings, Packers, Gophers and Badgers--she was raised a Texas Longhorns fan, and still roots for her alma mater—the Hawkeyes. Weekend Sports Anchor/ Reporter WDIO/WIRT-TV Aug 2016 – Present 3 years 10 months Duluth, Minnesota Covering sports in Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. Sometimes I get to interview them! Weekend Sports Anchor/ Reporter at WDIO/WIRT-TV. Email me at cbrown@wdio.com Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. All rights reserved WDIO Sports Reporter/Weekend Anchor. Iron Range roots: My parents lived on Long Lake in Eveleth. He has spent 18 years in broadcasting.Dan Williamson signed off from WDIO on Wednesday after 7.5 years as Sports Director/Anchor.Copyright 2019 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. And the state high school hockey tournament gave her a taste of why Minnesota is the “State of Hockey.” Before living in Minnesota, she had never walked on a frozen lake--and now she's been on plenty!Chelsie grew up in a military family living in several places, but calls Bellevue, Nebraska “home.” Growing up just south of Omaha, she spent weeks during the summer attending the College World Series with her friends and family.She graduated from the University of Iowa with a dual major in Journalism and Sports Studies, alongside a minor in Spanish.