I rarely post alligator gar stories. Williams donated it to the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science in Jackson where it sits display for all to see.This video includes some of the biggest alligator gar ever caught in the world:From the wildest corners of the planet, to extraordinary encounters in our own backyard, we provide a platform and community to celebrate the wildlife enthusiast in us all.— an alligator gar bigger than a person was pulled from a Mississippi Lake. — stretching to more than eight feet in length and weighing 327 pounds. This is the largest alligator ever captured in the state of Texas by more than 5 inches, a new state record, and the gator is now aptly being named ‘Big Tex’. Here are some of our certified IGFA World Records. The Chinese alligator is smaller, rarely exceeding 2.1 m (7 ft) in length. At Garzilla, We believe in catching big fish and that World Records should be BIG! The Story Behind the SCI World-Record Alligator. We currently hold the largest alligator gar record ever officially recorded  on FLY fishing gear. In fact, it would measure 7 feet, 5 inches long, sport a girth of 47 inches, and weigh a staggering 240 pounds! The alligator gar (Atractosteus spatula) is a ray-finned euryhaline fish related to the bowfin in the infraclass Holostei /hoʊˈlɒstiaɪ/. The gator measured over 13-feet-8.5-inches in length and weighed in at over 900 pounds. It is not uncommon for an average Alligator gar to reach a length off 7-8 feet (2.1-2.4 metres) and a weight around 100-120 pounds (45-54 kilograms). On the men’s side of the IGFA record book, Richard Hart has the fly fishing world record with an 83-pound, 3-ounce alligator gar pulled from the Trinity River in May 2016.

Description. Unfortunately, the fish didn’t survive the encounter. The fisherman, Kenny Williams, had an extremely hard time getting the large body up onto the boat and transporting it back to shore. On the men’s side of the IGFA record book, Richard Hart has the fly fishing world record with an 83-pound, 3-ounce alligator gar pulled from the Trinity River in May 2016. Alligator Gar usually measure a few feet in length and under 50 pounds but he quickly realized this was a prehistoric beast when it was virtually impossible to get in the 16-foot aluminum boat:“I was almost finished for the day and had caught about 90 percent of my weekly quota,” says Williams. “That big fish floats up next to the boat and Hunter shot it.”“You don’t know how big those fish really are when you first see them (hovering) in the water,” said Meshell, who guides for South Texas white-tailed deer and exotics in the fall and winter months, and big alligator gar the rest of the year.“He (Hunter) shot it and I told him ‘I think you just shot a 7-foot fish,” said the guide, who has been bowfishing in parts of Texas since he was 15. In the chase for world-class alligator gar, the Hondo, Texas, guide is hanging onto a few trade secrets.“Believe it or not, it all happened in the first 10 minutes of the trip,” he continued. The largest ever recorded, found in Louisiana, measured 5.84 m (19.2 ft). You can see a TON of photographs of the fish