However, it may possibly be the best acting class I have taken.Maury is a master of precision. He translates and simplifies text in an easy and digestible way and the notes he gives are manageable yet challenging. As you practice in front of the camera, you learn to stay open and work freely without hiding or acting for the lens. Zoom allows us to get molecular.

He trains you to create more range and color within a scene so that a more detailed dimension of character is accomplished. Maury is a gifted teacher who instills in you the bravery to stretch as an artist. Maury’s creative use of exercises allowed me to address my self-conscious tendencies. This Level 1 acting class provides an introduction to the technique of living truthfully in front of the camera. His notes are always specific to the piece, your individual growth, and the world of the medium in which you are working. We often will look at the text together as a class, analyze it, and work beat by beat, which gives everyone the chance to review new material. Prerequisite: Recommended for actors who have taken a prior course … Online teaching statement from instructor David Deblinger: “Teaching this course fits well with doing it remotely, especially since the ZOOM … Part A will explore how to make authentic energetic human connects via Zoom. Not only did he teach me techniques, he also made me believe in my talent.I have had teachers before and since, but Maury is the only one I have truly connected with. He identified my specific challenges and creatively devised and communicate an approach that enabled me to engage the camera in a much more authentic yet subtle way. Maury is an ideal coach and I highly recommend him to anyone.This class builds on the tools learned in “ The On Camera Experience “ This class focuses on Character. The best part of taking class with Maury is that he makes sure watching others’ work still allows for teachable moments.

As you practice in front of the camera, you learn to stay open and work freely without hiding or acting for the lens. Maury has also enjoyed a 30+-year working relationship with Academy Award Winner Olympia Dukakis, having performed with her in productions of Maury is a graduate of Bard College and studied with Larry Moss and the late Sanford Meisner.One of the best acting coaches in NY and one of the biggest reasons I work today. If you are lucky enough to study with him, I guarantee you will be a better actor!In this class actors cover the basics ( set protocol and set conduct , finding your mark , “the call to action “ ) as well as develop tools for each shot (establishing, mid, close-up) .