This mode is good if you compose with your subject in the center. This is because the camera determines the exposure.Using manual mode a ‘0’ in the display indicates when the exposure is correct.

If you point your camera at a very dark area, the bars will go to the “-” side, indicating that there is not enough light. After reading information from all individual zones, the metering system looks at where you focused within the frame and marks it more important than all other zones. You can think of Partial Metering as “expanded” spot metering, because the area that is metered is specific, but not tiny (roughly 10% of the viewfinder versus 2.3% of the viewfinder for spot metering mode). The exact opposite of this applies to the Spot Highlight mode.• If your subject fills the frame entirely, then it would be best to shoot with ESP metering.

Using this mode you can select exactly what area you want the exposure to meter – and you can lock the exposure in by either half pressing the shutter button or using the AEL button.In your Olympus’ menus you’ll find two variations for spot metering: Spot Highlight and Spot Shadow metering modes, designed for photographers that want to control the tonality of their image.For example, if shooting a dramatic black & white scene, the photographer might want deep, intense black areas – so a Spot Shadow metering mode will ensure that happens and that areas of highlight detail are not over exposed. I set my camera on matrix metering mode. The most common metering modes in digital cameras today are: This affects the way exposure information is provided.

It works similarly to the above example by dividing the entire frame into multiple “zones”, which are then all analyzed on individual basis for light and dark tones. There are three basic exposure metering modes on most cameras. Every modern camera has a built-in exposure meter.

When the display shows a row of dots stretching towards the + symbol, your image will be overexposed.Using this information, you can make the required adjustments to your Photographs are captured by digital cameras recording reflected light. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.I’ve recently bought an Olympus Trip 35mm for a holiday next month and I’ll be referencing this guide until my trip to learn and practice. There’s always a lot of talk about the exposure triangle: the shutter speed, the ISO sensitivity and your aperture setting. Center weighted metering mode is arguably the best metering mode for shooting weddings.

ReservedYour email is safe with us. This works best for me because it’s more predictable when using any auto exposure modes such as shutter priority or auto-ISO. Spot Metering for landscape photography is a precision tool: you select the brightness of a very small part of your frame. In most situations, when shooting weddings, you are faced with portrait opportunities.