The stories presented here reflect the broad and varied experience of those who choose to walk the secular path in AA. I discuss the challenges and rewards that come from doing this work, and…Staying Sober Without God: The Practical 12 Steps to Long-Term Recovery from Alcoholism & Addictions, by Jeffrey Munn is a welcomed addition to the growing library of secular recovery literature…This episode features a conversation with Lena R. from the We Agnostics Group in North Bay, Ontario. Through civil and thoughtful discourse, we will learn and grow together in unity, service and recovery.Our website and podcast are self-supporting through contributions from AA members, and AA Beyond Belief is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation registered in the State of Missouri. Our conversation begins with Dave sharing his personal story of recovery, the difficulty he had with interpreting the god…This episode features a talk by Bill W., author of Twelve Secular Steps: An Addiction Recovery Guide. Benn covers a lot…In this episode Angela and John discuss Step Four: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Beyond Belief takes a secular look at our recovery culture with help from the classic thinkers of the ages and the wisdom in and around the rooms…. Jamison M. joined…As storm Ciara tore its path across the United Kingdom, somewhere in London, Jeremy P. hunkered down and spoke with me for this podcast. A bar code has been paired with…Many passionate and dedicated individuals with varying lengths of sobriety who have different viewpoints and experiences – but are united in their desire for a secular AA atmosphere both in Austin…In this episode of Rebellion Dogs Radio, Joe C. takes a look at identity issues for people in recovery, and chats with Pam W. and Dianne P. about the upcoming…On August 6, 2016, the two secular AA groups in Kansas City, Missouri will celebrate the anniversaries of their groups. I remember when it was published, back in 1975, when I had been sober for…New World immigrants brought over European alcoholic beverages, drinking customs, and social attitudes. It’s not a loophole, it’s just how it goes…This article was originally posted on December 1, 2019 at the Canadian Atheist website, and is reposted here with permission of the author, Scott Douglas Jacobson…The audio recordings from the Third Biennial Arizona Secular AA Conference are available for download at the azsecularaa.org, and the AA Beyond Belief YouTube Channel…Please consider completing these survey questions for a research project that is being conducted by Tariq Martin from Wheaton College…Steve K., is making his book The 12 Step Philosophy of Alcoholics Anonymous: An Interpretation free as a pdf download at AA Beyond Belief…It’s now easy to join our private Facebook Group. Carol will update us about the conference to…Today’s episode features a conversation with our friend, Joe C. from Rebellion Dogs Radio, and author of Beyond Belief: Agnostic Musings for 12 Step Life. The tale of Jerry McAuley is a classic one, as he was able to achieve sobriety via a spiritual experience…Throughout the second half of 1938, the Honor Dealers’ little office was abuzz with activity.

Can special-purpose groups within Alcoholics Anonymous affiliate with each…Margot Genger author of Shift Happens: Breakdowns During LIfe’s Long Hauls, discusses recovery from alcoholism and mental illness while recounting her adventures as an over-the-road trucker in…In today’s episode, I’ll be speaking with Bruce H from the Many Paths group in Seattle, Washington. Yes. The conversation includes a discussion of AA co-founder Bill W., the first women in…Angela and John talk about platitudes, slogans, and common sayings heard in the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. When the doctor…Every now and then, someone says that Bill Wilson regretted that he wrote “Rarely have we seen a person fail…” and wished he had written “Never…” in How It Works…My home group in the greater Boise, Idaho area has been a friend of AA Agnostica and AA Beyond Belief for a long time now.

Every week, Angela and I cover a topic we think may be of interest to secular people…IIn this episode Angela and I discuss our experiences speaking at AA meetings and offer tips and suggestions that you may find helpful when speaking at other groups. We cover a lot…This episode features a conversation with Douglas S. from my home group, We Agnostics Kansas City.

There is no mystical b.s., no pseudo-spiritual preaching, and it's easy to read and understand. The group…In today’s episode, we’ll meet Dan from London, England. Celebrating Ten Years: Canada’s Oldest Secular AA Group. We will have a…The AA Grapevine is polling the question “What is your favorite type of meeting?” Among the options included are atheist/agnostic meetings…The third biennial conference of Secular AA (ICSAA 2018), with a theme of Inclusion and Diversity, will take place in Toronto, ON from August 24th thru August 26th later this…Sometimes, allegories and metaphors derail like invisible elephants in a porcelain shop. Speaking at the Saturday Night Live…“Esprit Ouvert” translates from French to English as “Open-mindedness”, and it’s the name of a new secular AA group that meets in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec every…In this episode, I share my experience, strength, and hope at an Alkathon hosted by the Paseo AA Group in Kansas City, Missouri.