He likes a No. “You can beat tin against jetties, riprap, etc., and it’ll keep its shape. "I started catching lots of big bass because the bigger blade did a better job of emulating the baitfish we have down here — golden shiners." 13 Items . 6 or 7 Indiana blade behind a No. Sort By. Blakemore Bang Shad Buffet. Try any of these proven “hot” spots in August for a productive day on the water. https://shopdunns.com/?s=hildebrandt&post_type=product Nothing compares,” Schultz said. A leader in the use of alternative metals, Hildebrandt tailors the use of tin, bismuth and other metals to specific applications. 7 willowleaf in back for most of his Florida fishing.

They did a poor job of mimicking the big golden shiners in Okeechobee — baitfish that often reach 10 inches or more in length. Want a unique and improved spinnerbait on your side when you go redfish fishing for pleasure or for money?You cannot go wrong with a Hildebrandt Drum Roller designed by Bernie Schultz of Gainesville, Fla., for the Yakima Bait Company.It’s all about the tin that makes up the spinnerbait that was used to win a major saltwater tournament several months ago in South Louisiana.Schultz is proud of the relatively new artificial lure that is quickly making a name for itself.During his 30 competitive years on the water, Schultz fished inshore saltwater fishing tournaments and as a pro bass angler in the Bassmaster Elite Series.And he has been involved in the fishing industry one way or another since his college days at the University of Florida, where he graduated with a degree in drawing and illustration in 1979.He applied a lot of what he learned in classes and on the water to the design of artificial lures.“I started working with tin as an alternate to lead in the early ’90s,” Schultz said, remembering the fuss over lead in artificial lures. Because he had experience in inshore fishing, he also designed a tin jig for Hildebrandt. Hildebrandt Tin Roller Spinnerbaits Regular Price $9.99 SALE PRICE $2.99 Free Shipping! Although it looked ideal, it took more than an hour before I got my first bite, which came slow-rolling a ¾-ounce Hildebrandt Tin Roller spinnerbait. “We knew there was so much protein there that if we could catch a (slot) fish, he was going to be really big.”Schultz believes the spinnerbait’s unique tin makeup is the reason it’s so effective.Pure tin, he pointed out, weighs approximately two-thirds as much as lead of the same volume, which makes a big difference when fishing in super-shallow water where redfish feed.“By combining its unique head design with the right-colored soft-plastic trailer and Premium Hildebrandt Blades, the Drum Roller’s flash and profile will match just about anything a redfish feeds on,” he said.In other words, it’s relatively easy to keep it off the bottom, even with the same profile of a lead spinnerbait.“Another advantage is tin is much, much harder (than lead),” Schultz said.

The farther you can stay away from them, the better. His Hildebrandt spinnerbait for bassin’ had fish gills, protruding eyes and was a popular model for Hildebrandt. “You can retrieve it and keep it off the reefs, etc. Hildebrandt, long known for its exceptional spinner blades has been “Foolin’ Fish Since 1899″. The Drum Roller hit the streets in January 2014.Floridians Geoffrey Page and Rick Murphy found out about it and stocked up on the Drum Rollers, the artificial lure designer said.They won money with them on the 2014 IFA Redfish circuit, and then cashed in big time Oct. 25 when they captured the IFA Redfish Championship in Houma, La.Page and Murphy’s two-day, four-fish limit weighed 35.29 pounds, good enough for a new Ranger 220 Bahia/Yamaha 150 package valued at $41,000, plus $3,990 in Anglers Advantage cash.They used the Hildebrandt Drum Roller to pick off redfish piled up along the shoreline of a brackish bayou in the Venice area, 100-plus miles from their launching point. You have no items to compare. When fishing the big blade, Porter has some advice that should result in more and bigger bass for you. For the rest of the county, Porter recommends scaling back a little. 3 or 3 1/2 Colorado blade. If there's a best time to go to the big blade, Porter believes it's when you have submergent vegetation and some wind to break up a calm water surface. A Z-Man soft-plastic trailer made with Elaztech is the crowning touch to the 3/8-ounce Drum Roller, he said.And Hildebrandt’s Colorado blade in gold, black, nickel, copper or silver can’t be beat anywhere, he said. "So I was surprised when I got a big box full of blades from Hildebrandt a year or so later.