3 years ago I have just taken my wife's Dell notebook apart twice to see if the heat pipe could be damage by normal removal, cleaning and grease application. No more overheating. If I put my laptop's battery completely looking upwards (90 degrees), will it cool off? is there any other way to see the CPU temperature ? To keep your laptop from overheating, try putting a small book or other item underneath it to elevate the battery and increase air flow. I usually wait 1 day, and the laptop overheated in 1 hour." Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.Use a can of compressed air on your fan once in a month so that any dust or unwanted particles get cleared for the smooth functioning of the fan. If you use your computer to render graphics, stream videos, play video games among other power hungry operations, the computer is likely to overheat and shut down after throwing a blue screen. Hello Andre, I have paid 'experts' a couple times to try to fix my overheating Compaq Presario CQ57, since I can't tackle it myself. What can I do? Sometimes aging laptops may be overheating due to internal hardware problems that most people may not be able to fix. Replace the heat exchanger and tighten down the five (5) screws to keep it securely in place. If it is secondhand, check if it is overclocked, and de-overclock it. Then you can download Speedfan, connect it to the fans, and control them to run at your chosen speed.
If you have a laptop that makes the fans easily accessible through panels you can remove, unscrew those panels and lift out the fan so you can blow the dust out even better. Normally when a few keys stick (or don't respond) its because they are dirty.

This must not be removed because it is a few millimeters high and causes the contact to be made between the GPU and the heat sink element. Overheating in laptops is pretty common, and many laptop owners have experienced it. Here are some best tips on how to prevent or fix an overheating laptop: Fix internal cooling of your laptop Try keeping your laptop in a ventilated or cool area to permit your system to cool down and keep it from overheating. 3 years ago Exposing the vents may allow it to cool more quickly, but your best bet is to remove the battery for fastest cooling. Replace the heat exchanger and tighten down the five (5) screws to keep it securely in place. You can also invest in a laptop cooling mat or a ventilated computer stand to keep your computer cool. In this case, you should either search for more options or just take it somewhere to get it looked at and fixed, if needed. You may be able to get by with just blowing the dust from the vents using a can of compressed air. Make sure it’s on a flat hard surface Hotter areas under the laptop can cool down better when it’s surrounded by air rather than blankets or clothing. If you worked gently and with care, the answer is "No". on This slight tilt allows a lot more air to flow under the laptop, keeping it significantly cooler.
Charge the battery to 100% and unplug it, then use it until it reaches a low battery percentage. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. "Helped me understand my problem with my laptop."

Overheating can always be fixed unless it is a factory fault and the laptop was overheating since it was brand new. Where do I find Cool Control? No. Good for you for putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak. Thermal grease can be applied directly on the pad. At The results in core temperature in Celsius were as follows:The difference in applying too much paste to just the right amount is 1%. It worked for CPU, but not for GPU - it's even worser. If it does, its not the keyboard.

The reason I am asking it here is because it happened after I left my laptop charging (and may have overheated). "The settings were a life saver. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. Put a small book or item (like the docking station for your iPod) under your computer's battery when sitting at your desk. It’s simply the nature of cooling in general. I just bought a new laptop. This restricts airflow under the laptop and leads to … "Cooling pad to keep it from overheating stood out." I don't know if this the right thread where I should ask this but my laptop's keyboard is malfunctioning. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your MSI Laptop is getting hot. Can an overheating battery destroy the keyboard's functioning? Before you start, make sure you have made a backup of all your data files and that if in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, you will be able to restore your application programs and the data. Remember to keep your laptop in an air-conditioned room so it can cool down properly. The lightweight application offers manual fan control and easy-to-understand charts and graphics. 4 years ago "Elevating it and keeping a cool environment help.

Now the PC does not cut out anymore.to find more help on your laptop.