Go. "That's why it was pleasing that someone like Worpel did well for us today." Only AFL legend Leigh Matthews had won the Hawks' best and fairest at a younger age.The Geelong Falcons was taken with pick 45 in the 2017 national draft. Origin: Geelong Falcons Go. "In really pleasing news, both parties were keen to extend past his current contract. "We're still trying to find that group of players to help us get back up the ladder and challenge in the next couple of years," Clarkson said. Ultimate Footy is the first AFL fantasy website offering category based scoring and live online drafts, 100% free. He is always looking to get better and always wants to learn. Lachie Fogarty. Out of contract He debuted in round six of the following season and played in all the remaining matches.“I thought Tom went really well. Results are only viewable after voting. We look forward to a long future for James at Hawthorn. Height: 185cm     Jack Watts. "I did struggle a bit in my two finals. He also covers AFL and has won awards for his cricket and basketball writing.James Worpel, playing in the Hawks' intra-club match on Friday, has signed a contract extension.

Credit: AAP The round 21 Rising Star nominee was also involved in one of the most pivotal moments of the Hawks’ stirring …
"But there are other boys putting their hands up so it's going to be competitive." Age: 21yr 6mth    Games: 42     Born: January 24, 1999     He played three games before getting dropped. Worpel was drafted by Hawthorn with their first selection and forty-fifth overall in the 2017 AFL draft. The club’s reigning Peter Crimmins Medallist may not have hit the same ball-getting levels of his outstanding 2019 campaign just yet, but fans could never question the tough on-baller’s commitment to the contest. James Worpel It’s easy to forget Worps is still just 21 years of age given the heights he has already achieved in his young career.   James approaches his training with absolute professionalism and is mature beyond his years.

"It's more about my consistency now and trying to hold that spot in the 22, which would be nice, for the rest of 2019," Worpel said about his goals moving forward. Playing in just his fourth AFL game, James Worpel impresses Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson with 32 disposals, including 14 contested, in Hawthorn's 72-point win over Carlton at Etihad Stadium. William Wonka Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine. Weight: 85kg     His ball winning numbers are not as high as others, but his work in close and around the stoppages is quite impressive.

Register now and experience the future of Fantasy Footy today.

James Worpel earns the 2018 round 21 Rising Star nomination after collecting 23 disposals in Hawthorn's 11-point win over Geelong. Worpel polled 115 votes to win from revitalised winger Ricky Henderson (104) and fellow young star Jaeger O'Meara (103). Prev. Back in the side for round 18 against Carlton, he put in an impressive four match performance for Worpel became Hawthorn’s second Rising Star nominee for the 2018 season. Worpel's highlight of the game was a hard-ball get running into Cats captain Joel Selwood to snatch the loose Sherrin, before delivering a left-handed handball that eventually set up a Jack Gunston goal. Height: 185cm Weight: 85kg Position: Midfield Last Drafted: Round 3, Pick #45 2017 National Draft by Hawthorn Hawks. Remove this Banner Ad. "I learned from that and just to be exposed to it; hopefully I'll be around the team at the end of next year to make up for it. James Worpel #5 Hawthorn Hawks. Age: 21yr 6mth Games: 41 Born: January 24, 1999 Origin: Geelong Falcons. Contract Status: James Worpel.

"Worpel's value rose last year when he accepted the responsibility of being a key midfielder in the absence of the injured Tom Mitchell. He was involved in a lot of tackling and general contested situations, which he needs to get more and more of, and games are the best way to do that," Wright said.Jonathon Patton, the former Greater Western Sydney forward, booted three goals, Mitch Lewis was impressive and booted two goals in the second half in his return from shoulder surgery, while Chad Wingard provided dash through the midfield. However, young forward Jacob Koschitzke left the field in the third term with a shoulder injury.Jaeger O’Meara was rested while Jack Gunston (ankle), Daniel Howe (foot), Jack Scrimshaw (managed) and Jarman Impey (knee) were also absent.The Hawks open their Marsh Community Cup series against St Kilda at Moorabbin on Thursday night.Jon Pierik is cricket writer for The Age.

Midfield James Worpel earns the 2018 round 21 Rising Star nomination after collecting 23 disposals in Hawthorn's 11-point win over Geelong. "Worpel has not forgotten his forward-50 turnover to Nathan Jones in the last four minutes of Hawthorn's semi-final against Melbourne. James Worpel, playing in the Hawks' intra-club match on Friday, has signed a contract extension. Finals is a completely different ball game," Worpel said.