Enjoy some of Manitoba's best trophy walleye and trophy smallmouth bass fishing. Manitoba Master Angler Minute - Fishing for Huge White Bass. Quesnel Lake Caribou Lodge is Manitoba's best drive in lodge, offering world-class walleye and smallmouth bass fishing you would expect to find at a fly in lodge. After treating myself to an excellent home-cooked meal at the lodge’s restaurant; while waiting for a thunderstorm to pass. Immediately after spending some time with these folks you start to feel like family. Pound for pound, the channel catfish is an adversary with few comparisons, they are held in the highest regard by many of their angling fans and consistently present a mind blowing angling encounter that will keep you coming back for more!Follow Aaron Wiebe as he showcases where, when and how to catch channel catfish in Manitoba.For more information on ice fishing for channel catfish in Manitoba, visit our Sign up for our e-newsletters to get fresh articles and videos on fishing and hunting experiences, destinations, and special events delivered straight to your inbox.Home to 60 inch giants, Manitoba is known as one of the most desired northern pike destinations world-wide. Vertically jigging for trophy walleye and hooking into lake trout in the process? Measuring in just shy of a Manitoba Master Angler, we grabbed a quick photo and sent it back into the water. Their knowledge and expertise of this fishery totally sets them apart from many.

When you are at Viking Lodge, they absolutely make you feel like family and I cannot wait to make a return trip soon!On this trip my target species was walleye. Before heading out, Paul and Matt were telling me about an average size of walleye of a borderline unbelievable 25 inches. Measuring in just shy of a Manitoba Master Angler, we grabbed a quick photo and sent it back into the water.Only a few drops after catching my big pike, Paul hooked into a walleye that he knew was going to be even bigger than the average. We reeled in our lines and made our way across the glass calm waters back to the lodge. Released Badge The Released badge is presented to anglers who catch and release their first trophy fish of qualifying size, in any one of the 30 eligible species. As my line was peeling drag, we thought for sure I hooked into another lake trout. Because of that I kept my gear pretty basic. He knew right away that this fish that skyrocketed off the bottom, was going be a lake trout. For more information on booking a trip at Viking Lodge, visit the Look for points coming off the shore and islands and find the structure. This could be a 1-2-ounce bucktail or tube jig. Enjoy some of Manitoba's best trophy walleye and trophy smallmouth bass fishing. Now, rich in history and biodiversity, this area serves as a hotbed for anglers to follow the footsteps of the first peoples and experience the nearly unchanged landscape. However, for the first few months of the season anglers will crank into nice lake trout routinely while jigging in the shallows for walleye.Big pike are most often targeted in the shallow bays. They can be targeted in cool pristine waters across several regions of the province.

A common colour for lakers is chartreuse and white. Lodge record: 55.9 cm (22 in.) For some anglers, they travel north strictly for the big fish, others just want the numbers. After a great battle with this fish, I finally got my first peak at what was on the other end of my line. Hooking into a monster brown trout is an occasion that will instantly remind you why there surrounded by so much hype. The water clarity on the Cranberry Lakes is decent and using that fluoro leader was definitely beneficial to keep your line hidden.With so many other species to target on this body of water I would definitely bring at least one heavier set-up if you planned on targeting big lakers or pike. Anglers will often vertically jig near the bottom while exploring the entire water column throughout. Whether you choose to… 6’6” Medium action spinning rod spooled with ten-pound braid tied to a six-foot ten-pound fluorocarbon leader. Manitoba Master Angler Walleye Only a few drops after catching my big pike, Paul hooked into a walleye that he knew was going to be even bigger than the average. Unique to Lake Winnipeg and its tributaries, the world famous “Greenback” is a growing…Manitoba’s brown trout have developed a notable reputation for their challenging quest and capability of growing to a staggering size.