DT | Baltimore Colts Still has highest avg. Given the severe racial tensions in the south at the time, Motley’s family were part of the “Great Migration” of African-American families that looked for work in the northern part of the country.

FB | Cleveland Browns In addition to be elected to the Hall of Fame in 1968, Motley was named in 1994 to the NFL’s 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.Sign up and get Insider's information & Special Offers "There's no telling how much yardage I might have made if I ran as much as some backs do now," he once said.In November 2019, Motley was selected as one of the twelve running backs on the Slowed by knee injuries, Motley left the Browns after the 1953 season. Marion Motley (June 5, 1920 – June 27, 1999) was an American football fullback and linebacker who played for the Cleveland Browns in the All-America Football Conference (AAFC) and National Football League (NFL). Shortly after his death in 1999, Motley was ranked number 32 on American Football Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community.Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat.

Marion Motley (June 5, 1920 - June 27, 1999) was a professional football player, a fullback for the Cleveland Browns, and briefly for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Marion Motley: Pos: FB-LB, Career: 105 G, 39 TD, 4720 Yds, 5.7 Y/A (3rd), 2xAll-Pro(1st), ProBowl, Browns/Steelers 1946-1955, 2x Yds Leader, born GA 1920, died 1999 And once I ran over a back twice, I didn’t have to run over him a third time. Marion Motley (June 5, 1920 – June 27, 1999) was an American professional football player who was a fullback and linebacker for the Cleveland Browns in the All-America Football Conference (AAFC) and National Football League (NFL). He was a leading pass-blocker and rusher in the late 1940s and early By using this site you agree to these terms and our So much of what has changed is about who came before. Besides the When the AAFC shut down after 1949, Motley was the league's career rushing leader at 3,024 yards. While he showed occasional signs of his old form that season, it became clear to the Browns' coaching staff that he was no longer in his prime.Motley thought he could come back and play a ninth season in 1954, and showed up to training camp to prove it. 85 career receptions.

All-League Teams: All-NFL: 1950 (AP, UPI, NY) All-Pro: 1948 (AP, SN) All-Pro Second Team: 1946 (AP), 1947 (AP) All-AAFC: 1946 (UPI, NY, OA) • 1947 (NY, OA) • 1948 (UPI, NY, OA) • 1949 (NY) All-AAFC Second Team: 1949 (UPI, OA) Pro Bowls (1) – 1951. Brown, however, rejected his overtures, saying Motley should instead look for work at a steel mill – the very career football was his ticket out of.In 1968, Motley became the second black player voted into the Most of Motley's runs were trap plays up the middle, but he had the speed to run outside.