It was the fact that I had a physics background, (which) gave me a certain trust and the fact that I was making a feature film, I was in it for the long term (unlike camera crews who would only film for a day) and was regularly returning, year after year.” Levinson’s ability to simply “wander about” the facility allowed him to capture his vision in its completely original, unadulterated form.Given the theoretical nature of the science behind the film, it naturally leaves the audience with some unanswered questions, like whether or not research thus far supports the multi-verse theory or the super-symmetry theory.
As they seek to unravel the mysteries of the universe, 10,000 scientists from over 100 countries joined forces in pursuit of a single goal: to recreate conditions that existed just moments after the Big Bang and find the Higgs boson, potentially explaining the origin of all matter. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

Imagine being able to watch as Edison turned on the first light bulb, or as Franklin received his first jolt of electricity.

Particle Fever follows the inside story of six brilliant scientists seeking to unravel the mysteries of the universe, documenting the successes and setbacks in the planet's most significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough.

It is more about the scientists at CERN -- their lives, their passion and their personalities -- than the particle physics. Both the personal and career impacts are evident over this multi year effort. That's much of the beauty of director Mark Levinson's film. I'm disappointed ... it's old and not that interesting. This is an excellent portrayal of some of the personalities within the field of science that were involved with bringing the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) on line and those who were impacted by it's discoveries. Directed by Mark Levinson. For the first time, a film gives audiences a front row seat to a significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. 37 of 49 people found this review helpful. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits.

You don't have to be a physicist—you don't even have to be good at math, I can certainly attest to that—to enjoy the energy, camaraderie and giddy thrill of discovery that radiates from the documentary "Particle Fever". Particle Fever is an example to us all for cooperation across the world - a most salient lesson for the world of today with its various factions & problems.

The film begins in 2008 with the first firing of the LHC and concludes in 2012 with the successful identification of the Higgs boson. As the Large Hadron Collider is about to be launched for the first time, physicists are on the cusp of the greatest scientific discovery of all time -- or perhaps their greatest failure. In this case it’s actually between music and molecular biology.” Whatever he does do next, I assure you it will be worth seeing.Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
Professor Jim Al-Khalili unwraps the evolutionary histories responsible for the modern human condition, as currently represented by our sophistication in energy manipulation and information technology.

The deep sense we have of time passing from present to past may be nothing more than an illusion.

On the idea of a follow up, Levinson says, “I don’t think it will have the same impact. Stream or download particle fever. A work of genius in both its subject matter & record.