24w Reply. We all have windows and doors and walls that open and close depending on how close one is and the situation, and since the eyes are the windows to your soul, their voice is incredible. Here, the eyes have a "voice," but it's not any typical voice. The object of his love is able to skillfully open and close his innermost being, like peeling back the petals of a flower, then closing them again.

Further Reading: “the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses” ― E.E. In fact, read it a second time the same way.

Read more quotes from E.E. 22,297 views

Educators go through a rigorous application process, and every answer they submit is reviewed by our in-house editorial team.I like both of the answers that are posted above.

In this poem, Cummings speaks of falling in love, perhaps with someone who has no knowledge of his love.

Friends Who Liked This Quote. 118 likes First of all, it's cool how this line brings us back to the silent eyes from line 2. The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. cummings says the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. To see what your friends thought of this quote, please sign up!

Cummings, Selected Poems. Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) Source video - Top clips - Next line quiz. and opens;only something in me understands. It’s like a little smile you carry around all day. cummings Tagged books, crush, lesbian, lgbt, library, life, love, love is love.

Share this quote: Like Quote.

23w Reply. A crush, an infatuation, or, most famously, a Romeo and Juliet type of love-at-first-sight. Lines like "the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses" make our heads hurt in a wonderful way.

Recommend to friends. The final line of the poem completes this comparison—even in something as small as a raindrop (and rain is a collection of small raindrops—“small hands”--into a soaking, overwhelming experience) I see how your every movement, every gesture, every flutter of your eyes is touching me, holding me in a million tiny embraces like raindrops in a rain, only smaller. rendering death and forever with each breathing. He only acknowledges them in the poem.It’s not that he is neutral but his lover has an ability to impact him beyond the physical with something he can’t touch because it is too near. Then start looking for things—language and devices that the poet uses to convey his central message, his theme.

the voice of your eyes is deeper than roses April 29th, 2010 by Amanda Hocking This post currently has 2 comments Be warned, I’m feeling vaguely philosophical. the power of your intense fragility: whose texture compels me with the colour of its countries, rendering death and forever with each breathing (i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses) nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands” ― E.E. Please select a size on the top right of this page!

Stunning ️ ️ ️ ️. – e.e. More on Genius.

One good way to analyze a poem is to look for silence, frail, gesture, cannot touch, near, slightest, carefully, intense fragility, texture, breathing, small hands.Cummings is using words like these to convey the idea that the love he is talking about is subtle. Well said babe.

Copy URL . A lot of what he says is nonsense, but its so strangely beautiful. amit_rockstar.123 24w Reply.

This may be more a result of my own feelings about the poem and less the actual intent of the author.

I spent the past hour or so reading quotes by Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Palihniuk, Sylvia Plath, e e cummings, J. M. Barrie, and Dr. Seuss. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.

The fear of loss (of the “other” in the relationship) which is referenced at least twice in the poem seems too obvious to ignore.Background should be in technicolor, not black noirin your most frail gesture are things which enclose meyou open always petal by petal myself as Spring opensnothing which we are to perceive in this world equals

)Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now. Terms & Conditions Privacy (Trying to paraphrase these images demonstrates how imaginatively and delicately Cummings puts words together in his poems. Quizzes: Carrie Fisher Quiz. Cummings, Selected Poems It may not mean that to everyone though.I think the poem is about your soul. ~ e.e.

He is simply stating how he feels in a moment and the past and the future are not the concern.The poem is meant to be haunting. "The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses."

At least, that’s what it says to me when I read it, and it makes me happy inside. Line 19: We have to hand it to Cummings. With the line "nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands," Cummings expresses that only she can get to his heart and can do so more easily than the rain reaches a closed flower bud.

I love e e cummings. I love this poem, it makes perfect sense to me.

Click to Search for a friend's name in clips! guri_3342 ️. Nov 24, 2017 - The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses) nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands.