As someone who took an astrophysics degree in the seventies I have tried to keep up to date with developments in the field, at the level of pop-sci books. Lisa Randall stands behind a wooden lectern in a room with plants and banners behind her. “Lisa Randall, a leading theorist, has made major contributions to both particle physics and cosmology.” (Brian Greene, bestselling author of The Elegant Universe and The Fabrics of the Cosmos)

Full access is for members only.BookBrowse seeks out and recommends the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction—books that not only engage and entertain but also deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world around us.Subscribe to receive some of our best reviews, "beyond the book" articles, book club info, and giveaways by email.

""Athena, your big brother knows very little about fixing stories.

So before taking another step forward or exploring how new ideas fit into our picture of the universe — note the spatial phrases — I will explain the words "dimensions" and "extra dimensions" and what I will mean when I use them later on.We'll soon see that when there are more than three dimensions, words (and equations) can be worth a thousand pictures.

I wish I had the mind capable of understanding mathematics at this level.

After a long Golden-Age of prediction and dicovery the Standard Model and the Big-Bang were threatening to unravel. And when we employ such words for technical purposes, the alternative uses of the words can make their definitions sound confusing.The phrase "extra dimensions" is especially baffling because even when we apply those words to space, that space is beyond our sensory experience. Unraveling the mysteries of the universe’s hidden dimensions. i thnk time measurement is different for einstein .. any human being any instant experience time in range of  some nano seconds .if we move  faster than light we nothing experience about surrounding  objects .. automatically the people who travelled with speed of light says i m in future it means speed is light time measure with own measurement of time and human being time measure with own this is all irrelevant.

I'm considering adding more dimensions. Why would using paper with different dimensions — 11 X 8 instead of 12 X 9 , for example — make any difference at all?

I have read Knocking on Heaven's Door and Dark Matter and The Dinosaurs and found them both relatively easy to understand and informative. The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. I had always thought that Bohr, though his atomic model had quantum levels for the electrons, he still thought of them as particles, and that the wave nature of the electron did not come in until de Broglie's atomic model. However, it's not thinking about extra dimensions but trying to picture them that threatens to be unsettling.
 which I found unsatisfying in that it just made clear that, if I wanted to really understand what was happening, I was going to have to devote time and energy I just didn't have, to get to grips with some new maths. It may hide additional dimensions of space other than the familier three we recognize.