Alfie Allen became Theon in my mind with that & demonstrated some of his top notch acting that has only improved as the series went onward.The scene also heightened the punch involved with Rodrik Cassel's death by placing his end with Theon, the boy he trained & watch grow up, who turned against everything & everyone who may have cared for him.Press J to jump to the feed. And depending on whether you trust Qyburn, Ser Gregor either died or may have taken a name change to one that is more Strong. I think that if Ser Arthur and Aemon fought 100 times, they would each take 50 victories. No subtlety, no crow's eye magic, just a man having a good time being evil.Also, I wonder if the circle of stones & broken tree where Bra meets the Night's King is where the White Walker was made. Unless they had a very out-of-character fling (as mentioned before they are pious) the time window for it to happen is just too narrow.Now for Daenerys, on the other hand, the possibility is there. As an aside, Ser Gregor was last in Harrenhal before coming to King's Landing for the trial by combat. The Dragonknight was also a member of the Kingsguard, an analogous order to the Night's Watch, which Maester Aemon and Jon both joined. Those who look on them burst into flames" "I fear no shade, sir. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. But I was rather relieved that the director did not feel the need to show it to us. When Ramsay bathed Theon & shuddered at exposing his wounded body, shrinking from Ramsay's touch, we can infer what was inflicted on him & just imagine the pain involved.The same could apply to the Sansa scene. Instead of being repulsed by the view of a dead body, we are allowed to focus fully on Cersei's reaction.While "show, don't tell" is the maxim for visual media, not seeing the awful image on screen allows me to conjure up the grotesque in my mind and, in many ways, that is far worse & far more effective.

Though there still remains two books left & we may yet be surprised.True. Could that mean that the Land of Always Winter was not always in winter?My only real gripe is with The Night's King possessing some type of ice-bending or earth-bending powers. One younger & stronger, I would imagine. Once again, I was bracing for a view of Tommen's broken body & all the gore that a long fall would entail. She's potentially going to "do what it takes". ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts Communities Top Posts Topics. In summary, their relationship was very close, but not THAT close.There's no proof at all, that's why Aegon IV never did end up disowning Daeron. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcutsCookies help us deliver our Services. In my mind : Daemon Blackfyre = Aemon Targaryen = Arthur Dayne. In any case, Aemon defeated him in a trial by combat and disproved the claims, but we do know that many in the Seven Kingdoms called Daeron "the Falseborn," even before Daeron's attempted arrest of his half-brother. Comparing it with the scene with Sansa last season or seeing Theon tortured over the last few seasons, I will praise the director for not going overboard with the sex, blood & guts this episode. Theres no actually evidence thoughThere are conflicting stories on who started the rumor, and whether the rumor itself is actually true.

In fact, Aegon began to make thinly veiled references to Daeron's illegitimacy at court.As for the relationship between Naerys and Aemon, I highly doubt it was sexual in nature. Having Ramsay approach Theon with a dull knife & him cringing away would say all that was needed without showing the cut. However, circumstantial evidence does tend to lend to this rumor, such as the Dragonknight defending his sister's honor as a mystery knight in a tourney, even going so far as to name Naerys as his queen of love and beauty. The grueling toll that the clash took upon the participants needed that in-your-face, visceral approach while more individualized horror meted out needs that ambiguity to allow us to place our own personal fears & worries onto the scene as we see the consequences.Everyone will ultimately have differing opinions & it is always good to hear the other side.

He may have named his second son Aemon after Aemon the Dragonknight, or possibly as Aemon was a traditional Targaryen name with great connections, after all Jaehaerys named his eldest son Aemon. You can assume the marriage was properly consumated, and Naerys fell pregnant in its first year, when Aemon was away fighting.