The 37-year-old will help new coach Nathan Burke foster leadership qualities and individual development. Western Bulldogs Viewed Bulldogs take pick three to AFLW Draft The 2020 NAB AFLW draft order has been announced. Youtube "From the outset, Nathan has been very honest with me and the entire player group regarding what he values most in regard to certain values and behaviours, and I’ve since put a lot of time and effort into my leadership and personal growth. Close "I have done the same process many times throughout 15 years in football and usually there is a more distinct break between the top vote-getters and the remainder of the team," Crows coach Matthew Clarke said. Chelsea Randall and Erin Phillips celebrate the 2019 AFLW premiership. "We wanted the captain to be the player who best lives and drives certain values and behaviours, and she has not only responded and risen to the challenge, but also provided great support and guidance to our players, in particular our young and emerging players. In June 2013, the Western Bulldogs fielded a women's footballside against Melbournein the first AFL-sanctioned women's exhibition match, held at the MCG. 01:34 Telstra "It's a very experienced leadership group led by our captain Alicia, and Jess Dal Pos has been in it for a number of years and it's great to see both Britt and Pepa elevated after being at the club for a number of years. "I've supported the Suns since the inception of the club in 2011 and back then I never even thought there’d be a women’s team so it’s quite unreal to be the captain. Joining her for the first time in the role of vice-captain is All five women in the leadership group have been with the Lions since their introduction in 2016.

Snapchat "We are pleased to have finalised the AFLW player leadership group for 2020. "Obviously it's a huge honour, it's my third year here now and I never expected to be in this position," Staunton said. Netball Star midfielder Ellie Blackburn will lead the Western Bulldogs in 2020.The 24-year-old premiership captain will take on the role in a standalone capacity this season, after sharing the responsibility last year.Blackburn will be supported by Brooke Lochland, who has been elevated to the vice-captaincy.Bulldogs Media spoke to Ellie Blackburn, after she was announced as the 2020 AFLW Captain.Experienced defender Lauren Spark has been added to the six-player leadership group, joining Izzy Huntington, Kirsty Lamb and Hannah Scott.Blackburn said she was thrilled to have the support of her peers, following a player vote this week to determine the team’s leaders.“I’m really excited and extremely proud to be named captain again, particularly considering it is not only voted on by our entire player group, but also following new criteria implemented by Nathan,” Blackburn said.“From the outset, Nathan has been very honest with me and the entire player group regarding what he values most in regard to certain values and behaviours, and I’ve since put a lot of time and effort into my leadership and personal growth. Netball