They treat me like a slave.

“Whoever follows that I treat very well. And when he says “I am extremely hard to please,” he means that, too. His concoctions are so popular that a wait of half an hour at the lunchtime peak is not uncommon, although there are strict rules for conduct in line. FILE - In this 1997 file photo, Al Yeganeh poses for a photograph outside his business, Soup Kitchen International, in New York. And I use only the best, the freshest ingredients. Every other place uses canned clams. But more on that later.“I am psychologically kind of a health freak,” Mr. Yeganeh said the other day, in a lisping staccato of Armenian origin.

If you are new here, you may want to learn a little more about how this site works. Al Yeganeh, from Soup Kitchen International gave out his recipe in New York Magazine, 10/28/96. Thankfully you don't have to stand in line to make this soup at home. by Al Yeganeh Categories: Soups; Restaurants & celebrity chefs; Appetizers / starters ISBN: 9780312149468 Hardcover (United States) 1/1/1996 “At home, I have several hundreds of books. When I make a lobster bisque, I use a whole lobster. It’s because if the soup is not perfect and I’m still selling it, it’s a torture. You know, I never advertise. The character was inspired by Ali "Al" Yeganeh, a Persian soup vendor who ran Soup Kitchen International in New York City. “And I know that soup is the greatest meal in the world. For example, the other day I went to a very fancy restaurant and had borscht. Interestingly, in New York City he was sometimes referred to as a "terrorist" but not a "nazi" (he was born in Iraq, not Germany). When Albert Yeganeh says “Soup is my lifeblood,” he means it. According to a piece of cardboard taped to the door, you can buy Mr. Yeganeh’s soups in three sizes, costing from four to fifteen dollars. But you can’t deny it, his soup is the best.” ♦Is Larry David funnier than everyone else, or just more annoying?Albert Yeganeh knows he serves the greatest soups, and that soup is the greatest meal in the world. According to writer Spike Feresten, Jerry Seinfeld and several members of the production team went to Soup Kitchen International for lunch weeks after "The Soup Nazi" aired.

discussion from the Chowhound Food Media, Soup food community.
I don’t believe that ninety-nine per cent of the restaurants in New York know how to clean a tomato. Yeganeh has stated on numerous occasions that he is very offended by the "Soup Nazi" moniker. Imagine having a single searchable index of all your recipes – both digital and print! “I tell you, I hate to work with the public.

“The doctors and nurses love that one.”A lunch line of thirty people stretched down the block from Mr. Yeganeh’s doorway. . But he clearly made a life-long enemy when he based the Seinfeld TV show character the 'Soup Nazi' on real-life soup chef Al Yeganeh. I substituted the Turkey for Itlalian sausage and it made an even better soup for my taste.

I had to send it back. I could see all the chemicals in it. That character was based on Al Yeganeh, a soup vendor who ran a food stand called Soup Kitchen International in New York City that the Seinfeld frequented. This is the orignal recipe. They are very intelligent and well educated. My regular customers don’t say anything. One day, I hope to learn something from the other places, but so far I haven’t. I raised my prices to try to get rid of some of these people, but it didn’t work.”The other day, Mr. Yeganeh was dressed in chefs’ whites with orange smears across his chest, which may have been some of the carrot soup cooking in a huge pot on a little stove in one corner. A three-foot-long hand-held mixer from France sat on the sink, looking like an overgrown gardening tool. You might also remember the character was based on a real person, Al Yeganeh…
If they wash it five or six times, I scare them. Jerry Seinfeld loves a good joke. No coffee, tea, or other drinks are served.“I get my recipes from books and theories and my own taste,” Mr. Yeganeh said. Join the discussion today. (Image credit: Americasroof at en.wikipedia) It’s very good for your digestive system.