When you walk let your heart lead the way And you'll find love any day, alfie, alfie. When Dionne Warwick released her version about 9 months later, it charted higher and is now considered by many, but of course not all, to be the definitive version. / What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie? My baby brother Alfie How I wish that you could see Oh, I only say it 'cause I care.

Alfie Lyrics: What's it all about, Alfie? It is composed by Jack Antonoff, Ilsey Juber & Harry StylesJack Antonoff has mentioned that the song was written for and named after his godson Alfie.The title “Alfie’s Song (Not So Typical Love Song)” may also be an allusion to the famous poem “J. Alfie's Song (Not So Typical Love Song) Lyrics: Fake young when we met / Everything seemed alright / Like children sing on the sidewalk / Cut straight through the moonlight / … Alfie, I know there's something much more Something even non-believers can believe in I believe in love, Alfie Without true love we just exist, Alfie Until you find the love you've missed You're nothing, Alfie When you walk let your heart lead the way And you'll find love any day Alfie, oh Alfie What's it all about Alfie? So please can you stop pulling my hair Now, now, there's no need to swear Please don't despair My dear mon frère. I believe in love, alfie. Accordingly, Sandie Shaw, who had had a UK #1 hit with the Bacharach/David composition "(There's) Always Something There to Remind Me", was initially invited to record "Alfie". Label A&M Records Oh, Alfie get up It's a brand new day I just can't sit back And watch you waste your life away. Without true love we just exist, alfie. Alfred Prufrock” is a farcical name, and T.S. Peter Whorf Graphics Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing, alfie. / Are we meant to take more than we give / Or are we meant to be Eliot’s first hint that his poem is not a traditional love poem at all, wanting the subliminal connotation of a “prude” in a “frock.” This parallels the “(Not So Typical Love Song)” portion of the song title. As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Alfie I know there's something much more, Something even non-believers can believe in I believe in love, Alfie Without true love we just exist, Alfie Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing, Alfie When you walk let your heart lead the way And you'll find love any day, Alfie Alfie Derek Taylor from album: Alfie’s Song (Not So Typical Love Song) Cher's version peaked at #32. Todd from Atlanta, Ga Cher actually sang the song "Alfie" in the 1966 movie and is included on the movie soundtrack. Cher's version peaked at #32. Album Alfie lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC Hal David When Shaw declined, the song was offered to Cilla Black, who had also had a UK #1 with a Bacharach/David number, "Anyone Who Had a H… Although Bacharach and David suggested "Alfie" be recorded by Dionne Warwick, their most prolific interpreter, Paramount felt the film's setting demanded the song be recorded by a UK singer. As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, alfie, I know there's something much more, Something even non-believers can believe in. / Is it just for the moment we live?