In order to hide the seams, we had to have another layer of fabric around it.

Because China is more known as a manufacturing country, than for its savoir-faire. In July 2015, she held her first solo exhibition at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris; she followed that with a sold-out collaborative makeup collection with MAC. This region is famous for producing things made out of bamboo, they have lots of bamboo ateliers with skilled craftsmen who know how to manipulate the material. I got inspiration from this to think that at the beginning of our lives, plants and vegetations were actually way bigger than humains, and they live longer. While white, color of the soul, implies ultimate purity and beauty throughout the collection.The creative stage design adds a myth to the theme. About. For example, many of the dresses do not have seams. Elysium will free every soul to embrace beauty, understand the true meaning of life, and ultimately find the roots of one’s own soul. Guo Pei is China’s most renowned couturier. This season’s fabrics have elements from our natural environment combined with gorgeous embroideries, exquisitely hand-decorated with natural gemstones and crystals. Today, she brings this to Paris, telling the story of this island to anyone who dreams of it. It’s like running for the A-level every year, each year you get better.Guo Pei: When the government announces a plan like this, they usually fully support the designers.

The opening piece is woven with large bamboo from Huangshan in Anhui, China. It hasn’t always been easy, but I feel with each show that I am gradually get more understood, more appreciated and eventually more accepted. Bio works COUTURE. Guo Pei SS18 Couture Elysium or The Land of Tales(Part 2) GUO PEI presents her latest collection of Spring Summer Couture 2018 / SS18. Subscribe to our newsletter to explore the unfound.We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Little by little, we get there.Guo Pei: As an Asian designer, particularly as a Chinese, because Japanese designers are well known for their crafts, it’s quite different for a Chinese designer.

For over 20 years, she has been dressing celebrities, distinguished ladies, royalty and political elite who turn to her for show-stopping, magnificent creations when they want to look beautiful and stand out from the crowd.A modern messenger of her cultural heritage, Guo Pei has breathed new life into embroidery and painting traditions that date back thousands of years. Elysium: Spring/Summer 2018.

In Guo Pei’s eyes, this is a fantasy paradise full of colorful flowers and wonderful plants, where elves dance and mermaids play, where flower deities wander through an ancient jungle. Explore the looks, models, and beauty from the Guo Pei Spring/Summer 2018 Couture show in Paris on 24 January 2018

Hejer Ben Said h. Schöne Kleidung Kleidung Damen Ästhetische Mode Couture Kleider Herbst Kleid Frauenkleider Neue Mode Herbst Winter Mode Für Frauen. Official website for Guo Pei Paris. So it comes a little at a time, and so I’m glad to hear with at every show more and more people are expressing their appreciation and acceptation of my designs, creations and art.There's always more to discover. So, the material itself is just strings, it’s the fabric in its purest form.We actually had to explore a lot of new ways to manipulate the fabric, because it is not the same as before. She’s the first Chinese designer invited into the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, the official French governing body for couture, and she’s collected many other accolades during her esteemed career. It has always be my wish to be able to revive these so-called lost Arts, handicraft and savoir-faire.