; This article looks as the Home Assistant hardware recommendations across main categories and based on a review of over 140 devices that I used; My personal setup of Home Assistant works for over 3 years and I … My Home Assistant Floorplan 2 minute read During the past 6 months I’ve really gained an interest in home automation. You can use the url within the routine as well. I discovered home assistant and have a nearly endless list of projects to work on. Any automation questions/discussions are welcome!Press J to jump to the feed. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Guess Google fucked up once again.Long story short, I can't seem to get it working either.

The System Monitor resources and Fast.com result are displayed in the web UI and are available as sensor entities in Home Assistant. These cookies do not store any personal information.Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. to facilitate its deploymentThere are a couple of options, you can use the in-built micro USB to power, or supply power to the GPIO on the board using mains or one finally way would be to make it battery power and use the deep sleep modes availalable for the ESP8266 but this requires a bit more calculations however is certainly do-able!Want to know when the next post comes out? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website.

Use the following config file to program the sensor initially:Plug in the Wemos via USB initially to get the first program uploaded and then OTA updates will be possible.

So I created a virtual helper switch in Home Assistant that, when turned on, will automatically play said station from its stream URL on all kitchen & dining room speakers, and then turn itself off.The downside is that there seems to be some huge amount of buffering happening on the Chromecast devices, which makes startup take quite a while (about 30s).

Enter your email and we will instantly notify you!Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This board has built-in wifi and supports I2C which I need for the sensor.

You can view a basic example … Soo... today I got a complaint from my mom about how "Hey Google, spiel WDR2 Aachen und Region" ("play [radio station]", in German) won't play that radio station, but some weird ass music on Youtube. While browsing the /r/homeassistant subreddit I discovered the ability to utilize the new lovelace UI to create an interactive 2D floorplan. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Maybe that would help with the buffering issue.Unfortunately I can't get the URL in a routine thing to work :(A subreddit focused on automating your home, housework or household activity. In order to monitor the temperature and humidity I've created a simple ESP8266-based device which tracks that data and sends it to Home Assistant via MQTT. Next step is to build a cheap temperature and humidity sensor that sends its measurements over WLAN to your Home Assistant MQTT broker.