Simple, right? ‘Everyone is back at square one,’ he said after last year’s historic third Tour victory. Since its inception in 2010, Team Sky has gone from strength to strength, winning three Tour de France titles in the time they’d planned to win just one. Every rider has their own pillow and mattress couriered from hotel to hotel to ensure relaxation is maximised.‘The riders get set up with different mattresses and different layers of softness,’ he told us. ISBN: … French car manufacturer announced as new co-sponsor of team

Actually making it happen is a real logistical challenge.’ Even just getting riders to ride races is a whole lot of work. After the victory of Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky in the 2012 Tour de France, the pressure was on the team to repeat their success in 2013. We’ll have every rider’s individual metabolic rate calculated and through some basic assumptions, you can roughly work out the energy requirements for different days. ‘My remit as Head of Athlete Performance is working with the coaches to help the riders prepare for competition,’ he told us before reeling off his areas of responsibility. ‘A lot of it is education and me building relationships with the riders,’ he told us.

Like the Princess and the Pea, researching the best pillow and mattress combination may seem like an absurd indulgence but when you’re tackling a three-week race that traverses 3,519km and burns 124,000 calories, a perfect night’s sleep is pivotal. Could he bring about back-to-back … # Bicycle racing--Great Britain--History--21st century\nAfter the victory of Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky in the 2012 Tour de France, the pressure was on the team to repeat their success in 2013. When Wiggins had to pull out of the defence of his yellow jersey, attention moved to Chris Froome, who had finished as runner-up the year before. Embedded within the team was top sportswriter David Walsh, who had been covering the sport for four decades.

Please enter the subject.

With team principal Sir Dave Brailsford at the helm, the

Image provided by: CDC/ Alissa Eckert, MS; Dan Higgins, MAM

‘I think people out there putting limits on human performance are probably not the greatest visionary thinkers.

Marginal gains is a philosophy that Jeppesen is keen for Froome and co to understand fully.

Please enter your name.The E-mail message field is required. ‘One of our rice bars contains 20-25g of carbs, and then they can drink their bottled energy drink which will give them roughly 50g.’ As the son of a former Norwegian national road champ, Orre knows what it takes to fuel the best. The inside story of Team Sky's challenge for the 2013 Tour de France. Inside Team Sky By David Walsh (PDF/READ) Inside Team Sky By David Walsh **The inside story of Team Sky's challenge for the 2013 Tour de France. Wrong, as she explains.

Could he bring about back-to-back victories for the UK and for Team Sky? The E-mail Address(es) field is required.

Could he bring about back-to-back victories for …

They eat such big portions, it would look ridiculous piling it on a single plate,’ he grinned.

So, just recently we had teams at the Criterium du Dauphiné, Tour de Suisse and Tour of Slovenia all within a couple of weeks.’Getting to the airport on time just to pick up a family member can prove an expedition, so imagine organising a whole team, with kit galore, to fly to multiple locations.

But because I’ve also worked in football clubs, I’ve dealt with some pretty big personalities – and if you can handle those personalities, you can handle anyone,’ he told us.

Inside Team Sky.

The big challenge on race day is to make sure we don’t overfuel, because we don’t want riders to put on weight, but also making sure we don’t underfuel because we don’t want to compromise performance.’ Getting the numbers right is vital for Dr Morton, and it’s this philosophy that’s been at the heart of the team’s success.