I’d always planned to buy a real German Advent wreath in Germany to bring home but I still haven’t done it (never enough room in my suitcase)! Jun 23, 2013 - Explore Circe Willow's board "German Desserts", followed by 600 people on Pinterest. I think it’s the marzipan I’m not a fan of.

They are often leavened with yeast and are not as sweet as cookies, but go very well with a cup of hot tea. Here are my favorites:Here’s a great video I found that shows you all the sweet and savory Christmas Market must-tries:The Christmas season in Germany is absolutely beautiful! First, you add small candles to the candle holders around the bottom of the pyramid.

I’d try either a locally-owned hardware store, woodworking/furniture shop, toy shop or handyman service. You can too! On a hot day your beautiful spaghettieis melt quickly and look like mine did in the photo below. It’sBaumkuchen (“tree cake”) is a German Christmas dessert I’ve always heard about and have seen a few times but have never tried. It was SO good. I will have to come back and check out some more of your posts.Thanks for visiting, Amy! In Germany, you can find all kinds of Advent wreaths, from fresh to fake, traditional to modern, cheap to expensive.

The farm owner cut the Traditionally, Christmas trees aren’t set up or decorated until Christmas Eve. Kids love Spaghettieis…and so do adults visiting Germany!If you’re heading to an ice cream shop but Spaghettieis isn’t your thing, try a refreshing, invigorating Eiskaffee. These little traditional cookies are simple and so tasty. Great for Valentine's Day.This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.Summertime, how I miss thee! Cinnamon is so closely associated with Christmas, that its smell causes Germans to say, Nuts are used extensively in German baking, especially at Christmas time. The yeast cake with the creamy center combined with the crunchy topping?

Damn, it doesn't get more traditional than Lebkuchen from … I make this every year now and look forward to it all of autumn. Stollen – German Christmas bread – is a delicious buttery bread with nuts, raisins, and sometimes marzipan inside. husband bought me a pyramid.

Also popular for the New Year is gifting friends and family with little marzipan pigs or Glücksschwein. It’s the perfect AirBnB dessert! I’m not sure why…it’s just never been part of the holiday celebrations I’ve joined. If so, you’ll love this traditional northern German dessert. Or German iced coffee (leaving off the whipped cream). The Feuerzangenbowle is an immensely potent German Christmas beverage that is as much a feast for the taste buds as for the eyes. Each month represents a wish for the couple.

German cheesecake is often plain but you may also find it with cherries, raisins, peaches or Mandarin oranges mixed in.German cheesecake is another easy German recipe that you can easily make at home! And, of course, there’s St. Niklaus Day on December 6 (when kids leave their shoes by the front door and find candy and gifts in them the next morning). It's packed with fresh apples and topped with a crisp, sweet, buttery crumble.My Raspberry Lemon Tea Cake recipe is a lemon layer cake made with yogurt, fresh raspberries, and a fresh lemon buttercream frosting.This festive fresh cranberry shortbread cookie recipe uses fresh cranberries instead of dried. Here are the best Christmas decorations from Germany to include in your decorating – advent wreath, advent calendars, German Christmas pyramid, German Christmas smokers, and tree ornaments.This is a popular one! My host mom told me that when she was a kid, it was the adults who decorated the tree as a Christmas Eve gift to the children!