The medium weighed about 350 g.I thought the fabric might be a bit fragile, so I took it through some of our Australian scrub to see what it would do. I was blown over and landed on my elbows sinking I to sift wet grass. I first purchased the cascade jacket in 2010 ish and used it on a terrible day on inglebourgh. Paramo is an interesting UK company dedicated to ‘Directional Clothing’. Those who know our Blue Mts scrub might think this was a bit of a harsh test. and EPDM rubber. The original softshell clothing was made from tightly-woven greasy wool fabric. I'd like to support Paramo products, but hey chaps causing your customers to get this sort of tirade and shopping experience is not the way forward.Claim your company profile to access Trustpilot’s free business tools and start getting closer to your customers today! With our gear and mindset having ultimate control over this experience. They have a partnership with the Miquelina Foundation in Bogotá, Colombia. Paramo clothing actually can keep you dry if you are working, although the outside surface of their fabric might look a bit damp.Actually, the whole concept of ‘softshell’ clothing is not new; it is quite antique.
• A friend of mine worked in an outdoor clothing shop in Cheddar and she recommended Paramo clothing, I bought a Paramo Cascada jacket off an auction site, the jacket is very comfortable,breathable,windproof and waterproof - what it isn't though is thorn proof or bramble proof,the material seems to snag easily and very often pulls a thread and on occasions rip a … Paramo Men’s Katmai Shirt – Review. It was probably bought in. UV protection with a SPF of over 50, so good for those rays. Wanted this to work so badly as it is very comfortable to wear. Yes, these fabrics are for This concept is demonstrated in this ‘review’ by the Bentu jacket and fleece. The side zips also allow you to vent yourself without sacrificing protection as the smock still covers your front even with both zips undone to let fresh air in. We have all heard of membrane fabrics which are, somewhat laughably, guaranteed to keep you dry but which totally fail. So browse our articles or use the above menu to find some specific topics of your interest.ith the Páramo you don’t feel clammy and your layers beneath the waterproof stay drier. Such a fabric is actually heading towards the softshell and greasy wool idea.The trouble with DWR treatments is that they wear off more quickly than we would like.

Most outdoor brands rely on these chemicals to get their performance but what price are you paying for this?The Páramo Velez Adventure Smock is a great waterproof jacket. F: 01934 742688 Paramo and others please note: convincing my wife is A bit of a rambling response, focusing on the shell rather than the fleece. I have the jacket open for the photo, to show the fleece under it. This is unheard of from most other outdoor brands and it’s certainly something different that Páramo is doing.Welcome to Ember Survival. They both use the special Paramo fabrics, treated with Nikwax.Disclosure: I did my PhD in London (UK), and got to experience the full range of UK weather there for several years. But the harsh reality is that the C6 version is almost as bad as the C8 version. An over-hyped bit of kit, I feel.Though I suspect the pump-liner concept does work – I have an old Rab Vapour Rise jacket which uses the same idea, and the inside is dry even when the outer is wet.