Many times when people get nervous, they can come off as being cold. Do you have any advice on how I can calm my nerves and make a great impression on my students’ parents?Check out additional strategies for iPads in the classroom in this blended learning model guide. This can be something small like getting a cup of coffee from your favorite coffee shop that you drink in peace. help you put the focus back on the positive aspects of parenting – doing what’s right, creating a vision, instilling values, and living an authentic life based on your priorities rather than the crisis du jour. If you’re into bubble baths, this can mean taking a bath. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that may help you hold successful meetings and make a great impression.Think of each conference as a mini-interview. Really all it means is finding time to do things that recharge you, things that make you feel healthy, things that make you feel well.

A: The best advice I would give anybody who’s feeling that way is “you deserve to take a little time for yourself.” Let’s find someone — if it’s not a therapist, then somebody in your life — who can help you problem-solve. Smile when they enter the room and tell them how glad you are to see them. The parent-teacher conference night used to be about painting a picture of a student for the parent. The Connector also serves as a family coach, walking with you every step of the way! This could mean that there are days when you find only five minutes for self-care, but if you look further out, you can find a couple of hours a couple of weeks from now, when you know you can step away. You may need to start super small. Parents get worried when they feel like the teacher doesn’t like their child.I know you don’t want to hear that, but it's the truth. A: Self-care is important because if we’re not healthy, we’ve got nothing left to give. When a parent is speaking and you are listening, smile and make eye contact. You could take time to do a mindfulness exercise in the shower: you could take an extra minute or two, and do a guided exercise in which you are feeling the water, noticing the temperature, and focusing on your breathing.Take a minute to step outside of the situation, really look at your day, and look at your calendar.

Get started with eSpark Learning in your classroom, school, or district. Really all it means is finding time to do things that recharge you, things that make you feel healthy, things that make you feel well. Self-care will be different for every person, but a key part of it is that it means doing something that makes A: When I talk to my clients, I tell them it doesn’t really matter if other people have more stress. Home Subscribe Now Student's Area Spark News Parent's Corner Contact Us.

She is a licensed clinical social worker at Manhattan Play Therapy in New York City. When we parents and caregivers are rested and feeling good, we are more in touch with the people around us, and we can respond better to them. How does spark*5 help my family? Be prepared for these questions by having data (such as national percentile rankings, reading levels, etc.) This can also be doing things like checking out for a few minutes and going for a walk or reading a book. One of the best ways to make a solid impression is by Let’s say you have 10 minutes in a conference. So finding little snippets of time to fill your cup means you have more to give to the people you care about.When we let ourselves get to a point where we’re exhausted – and every single one of us does this — we might be a little bit snippy, we might miss important cues, we miss a little more sleep, and the next day we feel a bit worse. Is this right for me? It is human nature.

I encourage people to try to find a moment every day to focus on themselves. It can become a pretty tough pattern to break.