Price: $170.00 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime. It's on the dryish side, and it's not vanillic or too sweet, but...Maybe I'd have to suck it up and give this more time, but frankly, half an hour of this was more than enough to send me scrubbing. Blue Amber is also cool, almost robotic in its unusual opening. Projection and longevity are above-average. It will appeal to men and women who like spicy Oriental fragrances, especially with distinctive notes of amber and vanilla. After a while...I don't like it at first... very plastic, which seems to be a problem for amber perfumes. It has this typical distinctive strting note, medicinal, quite...Blue Amber seems a perfect name for this...the blue, for me, is the first half-hour or so, with quite strong, medicinal and masculine notes. He always selects natural materials of the highest quality, especially rare woods, for his fragrances. It is old-fashioned, sharp, and powdery in the same way musty...Nauseatingly medicinal and astringent upon application. Only the rose geranium is already groping its way; scratchy, but also with something ethereal and biting. In addition to magical scents with masterfully balanced aromatic compositions, all the perfumes by Montale also come with captivating, original packaging. And that is precisely where the problem sits for me. MakeupAlley™ is a registered trademark of MUA, Inc.This scent was the first I bought from Montale. The fresh and dynamic opening develops delicately with the spicy, somewhat sweet, exotic patchouli so that the overall aroma, which intriguingly combines the dominant amber, aromatic and vanilla aspects with freshly spicy attributes, finally culminates in the refined and sensual amber-vanilla base. The design is enchanting thanks to its straightforward and pure elegance, which, in the case of Blue Amber, has been enhanced with the use of an attractive glossy dark blue colour scheme, while the practical selection of the material also makes the flacon unique. This Eau de Parfum from a French perfume brand which is noted for its love of fragrances from the Orient and Arabia and for its interest in their enchanting history offers a rich aromatic fragrance built around the central notes of amber, which is captivatingly accompanied by distinctive vanilla. Not my favourite part but not off-putting. I smell a little leather, a little booze... it's sharp and dry. I’ve always thought of Montale Blue Amber as a cyborg amber. See 25 member reviews and photos. What's that, a Montale? Blue Amber is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2006.The scent is spicy-oriental. The upside is if it is done well that kind of power carries a rough beauty hard to find in fragrance. Not my favourite part but not off-putting. After a while...I don't like it at first... very plastic, which seems to be a problem for amber perfumes. Creamy amber, smoky vetiver and earthy...Wow, that was good! In which case would make it a metaphor. This fragrance opens with amber surrounded by light spices and sweet vanilla.