He has bid adieu to life and went up to meet St. Peter! Owner: What do you mean "miss"? The owner is putting on a false moustache.C: (looking at the camera) That's the (name of local rail company) for you.He addresses a man standing behind a desk marked "Complaints".A: I'm a qualified brain surgeon! Feeweeweewee! 'E's bleedin' demised! That parrot is definitely deceased! Dead Parrot, alternatively and originally known as Pet Shop sketch or Parrot Sketch, is a sketch that appears in "Full Frontal Nudity," the eighth episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus. O: Yeah!

And when I purchased it half an hour ago, you told me that its total lack of movement was due to it being exhausted after a long squawk!O: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.C: PINING FOR THE FJORDS?!?!?!? He's expired and gone to meet his maker! (Takes parrot out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Norwegian Blues stun easily!C: Now look, buddy, I've had enough of this. If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies!He's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! Voice of reporter.) Lovely plumage!C: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.O: Well, of course it was nailed there! I wish to complain about this parrot what I THIS IS YOUR NINE O'CLOCK ALARM CALL!

C: 'Ello, Miss? Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

I've got a nice cuttle fish for you if you wake up, Polly!C: Yes, you did! Norwegian Blues at one right now. He has ceased to be! A LUMBERJACK! 'E's passed on! 'Ello, Mister Polly Parrot!

The Dead Parrot sketch as edited so it doesn't sound awkward if you're a modern American/Canadian! He has ceased

O: Well, o'course it was nailed there! it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and I wish to make a complaint! Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint. I only do this job because I like being my own boss!A: Yeah, well it's not easy to get a spotlight moment, you know.C: Well, I wish to complain. If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have flew up to those bars and VOOM!C: Buddy, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! (Pulls parrot out of cage, puts ear up to mouth) HELLOOOOOOOOO, POLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!WAKEY-WAKEYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian squire? He is demised!C: He's not pining, he's passed on! O: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords. It also appears in And Now for Something Completely Different. A customer enters a pet shop. C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. Share. No, I'm not prepared to pursue my line of inquiry any longer as I think this is getting too silly! Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint. Remarkable bird, id'nit,

Look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got him home?O: The Norwegian Blue prefers keeping on it's back! Voice Over: This is a frightened city. You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! The Dead Parrot Sketch Monty Python. It's a stiff!

)O: Yeah! Blue, idn'it, ay?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"? Mr. Praline: 'Ello, Miss? A satire on poor customer service, it was written by John Cleese and Graham Chapman and initially performed in the show's first series, in the eighth episode ("Full Frontal Nudity", which first aired 7 December 1969). Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. This is a late parrot! I wish to make a complaint! O: We're closin' for lunch. Beautiful plumage!

wrong with it! Owner: What do you mean "miss"? Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. C: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking C: 'E's not pinin'! (The owner does not respond.) C: I'm sorry, I have a cold. Remarkable bird, eh?