This is where I spend most of my time. This cheery destination looks like it was pulled straight out of a storybook.The family of Atlanta-based designer and blogger Joni Lay makes spectacular summer memories at this two-story hideaway set among towering Georgia pines. I’m refinishing my cabinets and kitchen arrangement at the moment…have you ever painted your countertops? Will be trying the “chalky Paint” on some of my stuff.

Hope this helps! The homeowner implemented green drawers (a garage sale find) for the "dresser" that’s built into the wall.Dallas designer Paige Morse renovated two 100-year-old sheds in her backyard to create a cozy home away from home. You can even see the cat food bowl tucked in beside my smaller Fiddle Leaf Fig plant. square feet after moving from the city to the country, they couldn't be happier with their new place. Embrace Off-The-Wall Ideas Channel a Little Practical Magic I envy your deeper desk.

Your office is in the perfect spot! It can see our patio and back yard from here, and the windows let in a ton of light. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io "We got windows from my husband's, aunt, my mom, an old landlord..." A hand-built hideaway—short on space, tall on charm—looks right at home among the Douglas firs of Port Orchard, Washington.When square footage is tight, it helps if statement pieces are both charming and useful.

xoxo JessI love your casita!!!!!! I think it would even be a good idea as a backdrop for food photo shots.So crisp, fresh and clean! I love your home!

We recently had new ones installed after saving up for them. "I joke that the structure is a family quilt of salvaged windows, because they came from important people in our lives," Christina says.

A Backyard Art Barn

You should check it out!

So whether you're hoping to cash in on a new vacation home somewhere high in the hills or completely downsize, there's bound to be at least one tiny home on our list that speaks to your style, taste, and specific brand of (Of course, if you're positive you want a tiny home, you can even purchase one today—just check out our list of all the best This quaint cabin is situated between Stowe and Smugglers' Notch, Vermont.

Where did you find that?Thanks, Anne! ~JessI loved taking the tour of your small house. Isn’t Jessica’s house beautiful?

With just two rooms and 250 square feet, her space is remarkably stylish and space-efficient.It took Paige four months to renovate the two sheds into one stunning guest house. I love the one Rustoleum has as Lowe’s.I adore your home!

You need to finish it off with DecoArt’s Creme Wax to pull out the color and really protect it. I took out the side panels at one point and used it to house my canisters and bananas.I based my whole kitchen remodel off that yellow, gray, tourquise fabric at our old house because of your kitchen, lolHi Jessica, I love the updated backsplash and thinking about this for my kids bathroom, I just purchased a great box of very realistic wood planks from Lowes, but feel a gray wash, similar to your second update would look better. I’m afraid it will melt.For the peel and stick flooring used as the kitchen backsplash, how hard was it to remove them when you wanted to replace them?

But I also love your updated version and the color you used! Love everything. Sometimes it’s a struggle, and storage can be a real issue, but if you just get a little creative, living in a small home can be amazing!

Kid-Friendly "She Shed" I have never heard of it before.

Thanks, and I love what you’ve done with the place! I hope you can grab some inspiration and make some simple changes in your small (or large) home, and really learn to love the home you live in!I’m going to walk you through the the main floor of our home and show you a few inexpensive DIY ideas along the way. Fort-uitous Window Sourcing I painted it glass and all with There are two more pieces from Magnolia Market in our dining area too. Nothing but Neutrals By sticking to a black-and-white color scheme, Paige makes her modestly-sized kitchen appear much larger than it really is.Paige simply attached a piece of striped fabric to her bathroom sink—instead of installing a bulky set of drawers—to cover up her necessities. What are your thoughts?thanksI have searched your website for the easy counter top redo you mentioned in the backsplash commentary, but I could not find it.

I saw them in one of their commercials and had to have them.

With ideas this stylish and innovative though, small homes are more than just a possibility; they're a truly good decision waiting to happen. Take a tour of small houses in Salado Texas that come big with Texas charm.. From beautifully restored historical homes to newly built small.. [adrotate banner=”30″]Hubby and I took a road trip to see small houses in Salado TX a couple of weeks ago.