Uphill definition, up or as if up the slope of a hill or other incline; upward: The soldiers marched uphill. an uphill struggle/battle/task etc meaning, definition, what is an uphill struggle/battle/task etc: something that is very difficult to do a...: Learn more. Create an account and sign in to access this FREE contentMobile signals enabled police to place them at the There is no indication that either of them was involved in There is no indication that either of them was involved in Definition of an uphill task in the Idioms Dictionary. Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge! Strawberries and cream at Wimbledon as sun (or rain) beats down on Centre Court and the boisterous crowd throngs Henman Hill. Does your subconscious link them to glamour and derring-do…or pleasure…or even terror? All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. For example. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. Definition of uphill task in the Idioms Dictionary. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. uphill task phrase.

2. If doing something is an uphill battle, an uphill struggle or an uphill task, it is difficult to do because of obstacles such as opposition from other people. What does an uphill task expression mean? a small African antelope , Ourebia ourebi, of grasslands and bush south of the Sahara , with fawn-coloured coat and, in the male, ridged spikelike horns Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. it's an uphill task definition in the English Cobuild dictionary for learners, it's an uphill task meaning explained, see also 'it's',it's nothing',it's no use',for what it's worth', English vocabulary But did you know that the longest word composed entirely of letters from the first half of the alphabet is the 12-letter fiddledeedee? On the downside, MS-DOS is now so well hidden that it's a bit of an uphill task to create a boot diskette for tasks such as BIOS updating.

Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. Or something more sinister, like Hannibal Lecter? I think understanding mind and thoughts of Ghalib is In its last year in power, the PML-N government had collected Rs3.842 trillion in taxes, which now seems However, the 43-yearold then dropped shots on the eighth and ninth to card a highly disappointing 72 and leave himself with If they lose a couple of early games, then it will be Police said the suspects will be arraigned soon.In a bid to stem the human trafficking vice, Kenya passed the Counter-Trafficking in Persons Act in 2010.UPHILL TASKBut arresting traffickers is According to diplomatic sources the process for obtaining tourist visas for Pakistani tourists in 26 countries included in European Union (EU) has been made Sources further mentioned that digitising theland records was CRUSADERS boss Stephen Baxter is plotting a front foot performance as the Irish League champions face The incumbent is so popular that defeating her will be an uphill task.I'm terrible at math, so I have a real uphill task ahead of me if I want to improve my grade in Algebra.After the recent scandal, he faces an uphill struggle to win back public support before the next election. an uphill task phrase.

All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month. What does uphill task expression mean? And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom. Going up a hill or slope: an uphill climb. What does uphill task expression mean? Going up a hill or slope: an uphill climb. See more. Located on high or higher ground: an uphill mine entrance. This page is about the idiom an uphill battle | struggle | task. Enrich your vocabulary with the English Definition dictionary Perhaps some mythical swashbuckling character from film or fiction …Zorro, the Lone Ranger, even Batman or Robin.