Luckily she just put the phone down but I really wish there was a way to stop this.It’s an unfortunate fact that people who are likely to be at home in the day time, mainly the elderly and poorly, will have to deal with more of these calls than others. Criminals continue to victimize people via scam calls that are supposedly related to Amazon Prime subscriptions. is a place for Which? A new Amazon Prime scam is doing the rounds across the UK, and honest Brits are being warned to watch out. written by Brett M. Christensen June 17, 2020. Amazon will never contact you in this way, and the call being completely unsolicited should also set off alarm bells.If you do think you may have given sensitive information to scammers, contact your bank straight away and let them know what’s happened.You can also find out everything you need to know about getting your money back after a scam in I made Amazon aware of this scam call after speaking with Craig. You can help us stamp this out by answering the following questions: The Which? An automated telephone scam call is impersonating Amazon Prime, telling potential victims their subscription will be 'renewed' for £39.99 or £69.99. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. I followed these latter steps when I got a virus infestation of my Windows 7 laptop in about 2012. The lady was so persistent and said if I don’t follow her advice I will be charged I just told her I would sort out myself. We use cookies to allow us and selected partners to improve your experience and our advertising.
I let them onto my computer, like an idiot!

Left me confused as iv never had or used this service, the lady on the other side ( call centre from abroad) insisted that I down an app (quick support)to cancel my subscription, I did and she then said for me to give her some number, as I told her these, she went quite this gave me a chance to think quickly. They could also be the most likely to comply with them.As has been frequently mentioned, there are interception systems available on the telephone networks – for a charge, but it might be worth it.In an ideal world it’s something that Alexa could be taught to do just like a proper personal assistant.I believe some of the scam baiting community are working on ‘bots that can be used to fight scam calls. Anonymous posts cannot be edited or deleted. I just look at number and leave it, although it can be very annoying.

Amazon Photos Unlimited Photo Storage Free With Prime: Prime Video Direct Video Distribution Made Easy: Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Amazon Warehouse Great Deals on Quality Used Products : Whole Foods Market America’s Healthiest Grocery Store: Woot!
When I press 1, if the responder is female I usually make enquiries about the nature of her undergarments.This has to also be laid at the door of the telecom suppliers who must be selling these numbers to the scammers probably for big money surely if you use a number you have to pay for it.Hi Iv just received a call from amazon prime telling that my monthly subscription is going to auto renew for 39.99. Keep spreading the word people!My 90 year old mother has just had one of these automated Amazon renewal calls.

cuts through the noise to find the facts. Keep your comment respectful or it will not be posted.Lottery - Donation - Inheritance Scams - Ponzi SchemesAmazon Prime Scam Telephone Calls: How to Protect YourselfThis site uses cookies to offer you a complete experience. Plz be aware it’s only after I searched on google about amazon prime call that I realised it’s a scam. The scam involves victims receiving an automated phone call, informing them that they have been charged for an Amazon Prime subscription.

Also, remember to keep comments, reviews, answers respectful.Write your comment, question, answer, or review in the box below to share what you know or to get answers. But what the average consumer really needs is call screening.Modern smartphones already have such facilities built in and so indeed do Call Guardian and other landline devices.Hi, I absolutely fell for this as i was wanting to cancel my amazon subscription.