Lip syncing the National Anthem is grossly disrespectful. The nation went crazy for it, to the point it was released as a single and got to #20 in the Billboard Top 100.

If a blind man can write and sing a thoroughly original version as you will see as one of my very favorite selections, then a performer who has sold 100 million records worldwide should be able to do the same. I’m including this rendition because its risky and somewhat risque, as well.I love Patti LaBelle. That was from his heart. America was certainly in a patriotic mood that day and Houston lived up to her star billing and delivered what was expected. Is this You ask about recorded anthems at smaller events (high school, small colleges, etc.). These are the 6 best performances of the National Anthem ever Joslin Joseph. The anthem is very, very difficult to sing. Obviously, each of these performances required extraordinary talent.Immediately following the 9/11 tragedy, New York sports franchises began celebrating the extraordinary dedication and sacrifices of the city’s policemen and firefighters by offering them frequent opportunities to sing the National Anthem prior to ballgames. Her “people” tried to smooth it over by saying she is singing live, but her mic was turned off.

The rendition had to be original in some way. The Chicago Blackhawks have a tradition. Quite a few solos are worthy of re-watching. But she manages to nail it. Tyler has performed several versions of the National Anthem over the years, but this was his very first — performed in front of nearly 200,000 race fans in Indianapolis. Is every line perfectly crafted? Here's a glimpse at the history of national anthem at the Super Bowl, including the best and worst performances all time and a complete list of every singer from 1967 to 2020. It's a great part of hockey culture, but there was no better time to do it than during the 1991 All-Star Game.With the country in the middle of the Gulf War, Chicagoans made sure to cheer extra loud and send love to the troops in the Gulf.If this doesn't give you the chills, I don't know what to tell you.Ok, I know... this version didn't take place at a sports event. So, if in the literal sense, they’re saying it wasn’t a lip synch performance, well it wasn’t exactly a live performance, either – just a live appearance.

It’s as simple as that.

It bothers me when people insist that it can only be sung one way because that would limit who could sing it and I want to hear that song sung in many different voices.

She sang it 2 days after 9/11 happened with tears in her eyes and she nailed it. !Lillian Garcia’s version on 9/13/11 is my favorite of all time. LaBelle has performed the National Anthem countless times in arenas all over the country. Personally, I don’t believe she sang live into a dead mic, either, because if she had, at some points we would have heard a doubled vocal (example of a doubled vocal: Diana Ross’ lead vocal on the Supremes’ “You Keep Me Hangin’ On.”)The applause during the national anthem for Blackhawks games continue to today. (Houston donated the proceeds to charity).This is the benchmark singers are measured against when taking on the Star Spangled Banner. I appreciate your purist thinking more than the other kinds of purist. Realizing the crowd was taking over out of emotion, Rancourt let them run with it. As this shows, one need not be a celebrity or a professional singer to deliver a great performance.Many fans like this version of the National Anthem far more than I do.