Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Give it a watch below! Perfect timing since it’s so warm out today. Even my 6 year old daughter drinks it, she stole my Horchata the last time that we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. For the song by Vampire Weekend, see Horchata (song).

After blending there was rice at the bottom of the blender the consistency of course sand. Blend for about 40-60 seconds until the rice and cinnamon are grounded. I’m also a big advocate of self-care and taking life “down a notch” – while chasing adventures half-way across the globe! If you don’t have cinnamon sticks how much powdered cinnamon should you use?Hi Dani – I just added a note to the recipe card, but you could use 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in this recipe to replace the two cinnamon sticks.

One question though. So get your bag of rice ready – and let’s get blending!While this recipe is easy to make, it always helps to watch a quick tutorial video. Or should I have blended longer.

Support project. I’ve fixed the recipe! When Lisa posted hers I knew I had to make it.Hi Nubia – I’m glad you decided to give this recipe a try! Horchata is probably one of my favorite drinks to have at a Mexican Fiesta! And great, can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this :)Hi Lisa, I haven’t tried this yet but am anxious to do so. For those who’ve never had horchata before, you’re in for a treat. Horchata really doesn’t last too long in our household, luckily all my family members really like this Horchata Recipe, there is something about the flavors that just pull them in. Spain uses dried and sweetened tiger nuts while Puerto Rico uses grounded sesame seeds.The horchata we know and love here in the U.S, is a While traditional horchata contains milk and sugar, it can also be made dairy-free and with sugar alternatives (which I will talk about below). Hi Chelsea – You can also use a very thin washcloth or fine mesh sieve.So excited to try this!! I love horchata at restaurants, so looking forward to making it.Hi Biana – You’re going to love this homemade version! Friends, family, and food = happiness! Tag Happy to hear you enjoyed it!I have been looking for an Horchata recipe for a while since it is my sons favorite drink. Enjoy!Very interesting recipe. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the In terms of pouring, yes it’s a bit thick so you do want to pour slowly :)Would using a different type of rice affect the taste/recipe?You might notice some subtle changes (like a brown rice might be a bit nuttier), but I imagine it would be fairly small given the addition of nut milk, sweeteners and cinnamon.You’re stunning. I’m married or i would’ve asked you out.
I need to give this a go! Won’t it taste raw..How does it taste? Follow the four steps of this easy horchata recipe, and enjoy this cold, sweet, creamy beverage on a warm day.

Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.Horchata is an iced rice milk beverage from Mexico that's a simple blend of rice, cinnamon, almond milk and sweetener. :)Sounds and looks great.

Here is how you cook that. Under running water, rinse the rice in a fine mesh sieve. Sounds like you did it right!Would it be the same amount of rice if I used medium grain?Thank you so much for this recipe! And it tastes deliciously creamy! But, I think it will definitely make it a bit creamier.I really liked how this came out, but wanted to makes sure that I made it right. But since I’m using almond milk in this recipe, the almonds weren’t needed. I love horchata and order it whenever i get a chance at a restaurant. Then cover and let it chill in the fridge for about 8-12 hours, preferably overnight. As for condensed milk, I haven’t tried it yet so I’m not sure how much you would need to add. An easy Horchata recipe so you can make this delicious, refreshing, and healthy drink at home – perfect for Cinco De Mayo!

Two large jars of aguas frescas in a taquería in Seattle, Washington, USA. Perhaps try a few different soaking times and see which you prefer!Want to make this for cinco de Mayo this week but don’t have a nut milk bag. Thanks for the recipe! Horchata Recipe Video. Is that how it should be.
Because it’s all about balance.This post may contain affiliate links.