All Rights Reserved. The graph below shows the popularity of the girls's name Felicity from all the UK baby name statistics available. It wasn’t the name’s “happy” etymology which finally propelled it onto the charts; nor was it the popular early Christian saint. Explore these related baby names and meanings. Felicity Worthington is one of the main characters in Libba Bray’s Gemma Doyle Trilogy, written between 2003 and 2007, and depicting the Gothic adventures of a young girl at an English boarding school in 1895, along with her three friends, including Felicity. (Some of my faves are: Lissy, Sissy, Lizzie, Fizzie, CeCe, Faye, Fee, Filly) Feliz in spanish means happy ( pronounced fe - LEES ) I'm not a big fan of this name but I can see the apeal. Their story was further enhanced by a first-person account written by Perpetua in her diaries in the days leading to their execution (if truly written in her own hand, the document is considered the oldest surviving work crafted by a woman). Success is only meaningful to them after a job well-done.

The name is energetic, upbeat and friendly (but without sounding too “cutesy” on a mature woman). Her nickname was Felix, which I would have never considered before meeting her, but it really suited her.I agree, every time I see this name I cringe. Watch as baby name trends rise and fall over time. Spelling of Felicity F-E-L-I-C-I-T-Y, is a 8-letter female given name. Popularity of Felicity - How popular is the name Felicity?

I'd use the nn Fizzy, Fliss, Lissy, or Flissy.Congrats, I can see she's over a year old now, but that's a gr8 choice and Fee is a cute nnI love this name. Popularity in the United States.
A current bearer is actress Felicity Huffman. I think it's the fact that at a glance I see Felisha which is not a nice name.I can see the appeal but honestly I'm a bit tired of Felicity. ), but I think it's a cute name.This is my 9 month old daughter's name. I LOVE that nicknameI love this name! They are remarkable in their ability to see the larger picture right down to the smallest details, and organize a strategy around success. Felicity: Baby Name Popularity.

I personally wouldn't use Felicity because it's overly flowery for me, with few nicknames that I like (Fee/Flissy/Flick/Feli/Lissy? Felicia, a related name, is a feminine form of the name Felix, which is derived from an Ancient Roman cognomen meaning "lucky," or "successful." In recent years, continuing the trend, the number of babies given the name Felicity has risen.The name Felicity is chosen by a number of parents and will probably continue to rise upward in popularity. Felicity is an English vocabulary word meaning “happiness, contentment”. How popular is Felicity? Felicity is a girl’s name, of Old French origin from the Latin word felicitas, meaning “good fortune”.. How to say it: feh-LIS-i-tee Popularity: #354 in 2018 Nickname for Felicity: “Izzy” Middle name for Felicity: Charlotte, simple and classic Posts with the name Felicity: I'm officially part of the Felicity fan base, possibly thanks to Felicity Jones. Social Security is with you from day one, which makes us Watch our video countdown of 2018’s Top 10 Most Popular Baby Names!Enter the Year and Popularity for a List of the Most Popular NamesSee How the Popularity of a Name has Changed Over Time!Open an account today to view estimates of the retirement, disability, and survivors benefits you and your growing family may be eligible for in the future. Enter the Year and Popularity for a List of the Most Popular Names. The only problem I have with it is that I don't find the nicknames appealing. Baby names popularity and trends in the acclaimed interactive graph of baby name popularity. It wasn’t the name’s “happy” etymology which finally propelled it onto the charts; nor was it the popular early Christian saint. I totally understand why some people like it, it has a cute meaning and it's not overly popular, but it's a little too childish for me.This is currently my favorite name.