Stephen Sondheim wrote the lyrics for songs composed by Jule Styne. You may not have noticed, but a familiar face played Emily's new maid Berta in Netflix's "Gilmore Girls" revival, "A Year in the Life."

reserved.If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our weekly newsletter. But this post is not about that, so I digress. But in But did you notice who played Berta? We didn’t give it a thought on our first viewing, but sources confirm to TVLine that the role of Berta was actually played by… Rose Abdoo, who plays surly car mechanic Gypsy!Series star Lauren Graham has since chimed in about how Abdoo landed the part:Rose read it for fun in a table read because they hadn't cast it yet, and she was so hilarious they had to double her up! Grey's Anatomy Promotes 2 Actors to Series Regular in Season 17 — Plus, Who's Moving to Station 19…Grey's Anatomy Trio Sign New, Multi-Year Contracts — Through Season 19?General Hospital's Kelly Monaco Recast Temporarily With Lindsay HartleyEllen DeGeneres Show Exec Producer Shoots Down Cancellation RumorsMoney Heist Renewed for Fifth and Final Season, Adds Sense8 AlumEllen DeGeneres Responds to Toxic Workplace AllegationsGrey's Anatomy Promotes 2 Actors to Series Regular in Season 17…NBA Teams Kneel in Black Lives Matter Shirts as Interrupted Season…The Goldbergs' Bryan Callen Accused of Sexual Assault, Misconduct Berta speaks a mysterious language no one can identify and invites her whole family to move into the Gilmore house. Mostly about Gypsy. Gypsy is a 1962 American musical comedy-drama film produced and directed by Mervyn LeRoy.The screenplay by Leonard Spigelgass is based on the book of the 1959 stage musical Gypsy: A Musical Fable by Arthur Laurents, which was adapted from the 1957 autobiography Gypsy: A Memoir by Gypsy Rose Lee. In fact, there were so many references and Easter eggs in this revival, I'm pretty sure I missed more than half of them.This also might have something to do with the fact that I watched all six hours of the revival in one sitting.I'm going to use that as my excuse for missing this seemingly obvious one: Gypsy the mechanic and Berta the Gilmore maid are Well, both characters are played by the same actor, anyhow: Rose Abdoo.In case you've forgotten already, or in case you like reading articles about things you have not yet watched, Berta is Emily Gilmore's new maid. (And, yes, it is fairly problematic that the entire joke is that Berta can't speak English.

"Some of you out there on Twitter were struggling just as much. She seems to be the only maid that Emily has actually liked, let alone tolerated. She is portrayed by Rose Abdoo.. All rights You should stop reading now if you don't want spoilers for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. One of the most shocking revelations contained within Netflix’s On the original series, Emily ran through maids faster than Murphy Brown ran through secretaries. Networks Plot Coverage Of Scaled-Back Political Conventions: "We…Flashback: 30 years ago, supernatural weeper 'Ghost' would…The first hero on Marvel's new Avengers team might've just been…Kourtney Kardashian Hosts 'Kamp Kourtney' With Her Adorable…Copyright © 2020 TVLine Media, LLC.

It is our birthday so thought we would give you a backstage pass to what goes on at Aston Gypsy Cobs 2011. Rose Abdoo, Actress: Good Night, and Good Luck.. Rose Abdoo is known for her television role as Gypsy in "Gilmore Girls" and Gypsy & Berta in the Netflix movies "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" where she was the recipient of the TVLine Best Comedy Revelation of 2016 for her dual role in Gilmore Girls. Like, nothing about the last four words or anything! A year in the life. Almost the entire original cast of Gilmore Girls returned for the Netflix revival, A Year in the Life. On this IMDbrief, we break down our favorite panels and surprises from July 2020's Comic-Con@Home.Keep up with all the biggest announcements and updates with IMDb's breaking news roundup of Comic-Con@Home 2020. Berta is a maid at the Gilmore House in A Year in the Life. When Emily is depressed because of Richard's death, she seems to take pity on Berta and her family, when she hires her husband as her handyman and lets Berta's family live in the house. Networks Plot Coverage Of Scaled-Back Political Conventions: "We…Flashback: 30 years ago, supernatural weeper 'Ghost' would…The first hero on Marvel's new Avengers team might've just been…Kourtney Kardashian Hosts 'Kamp Kourtney' With Her Adorable…Copyright © 2020 TVLine Media, LLC.