The whole kerfuffle prompted the editors at National Review to write We can think of a dozen reasons to criticize Yglesias, but the Vox writer currently is under fire for signing a letter critical of “cancel culture.” For criticizing cancel culture, Yglesias might very well end up being canceled.It begins, as these things do, with a tiny little voice squeaking about being made unsafe by the expression of contrary opinions. Father Damien, born Jozef de Veuster in Belgium, arrived in Hawaii in 1864 when the islands were an independent ... Friends will monitor this account in the meantime.I'm going to be back asap, the same bad bitch as ever.But I'm not going to lie: Tonight I just want to fucking die.In the middle of all of this, I have heard from old friends and received tiny kindnesses, and gotten some amazing news about a dear friend.
That is, of course, part of what his “exploratory committee” will be exploring in the coming weeks, because Castro, unlike Irish Bob, is not married to a billionaire, and won’t be able to largely self-fund his primary race if need be.Yyyyyeeaaaahhhhh, no. More important, these are stupid times, and Matt Yglesias has contributed more than his share to that.

Former president Bill Clinton traveled with Jeffrey Epstein to his private island and stayed there with "two young girls" from New York, according to a recently-unsealed interview of prominent Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

Take a visual walk through his career and see 43 images of the characters he's voiced and … Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

In other words, he is paid solely to “think”* and write about economics. You KNOW the Left is completely LOST when Matt Yglesias becomes a voice of reason (and Lefties LOSE it) Posted at 12:07 pm on November 14, 2019 by Sam J. It is self-serving because the entire purpose of the letter was to give cover to novelist J. K. Rowling who committed the thought crime of claiming that sex is real and, as several of the signatories have been major players in attempts to ‘cancel’ people, you know they do not intend to apply these principles to people on the right.Despite the left claiming that there is actually no such thing as the ‘cancel culture,’ what happened next was exceedingly strange.
This is gonna be FUN! He is the economic “expert” for Slate magazine. I have been given space to decouple for a few days to preserve brain space. Matthew Yglesias. After today, this annus horribilis has just five more months.

... Biden Has Found His Voice on COVID-19. Here is something from one Matthew Yglesias (whose name I always want to spell Yggdrasil). Matthew Yglesias's father Rafael Yglesias is a screenwriter and novelist and the son of novelists Jose Yglesias, of Cuban and Spanish descent, and Helen Bassine Yglesias, daughter of Polish-Jewish immigrants.. Yglesias went to high school at The Dalton School in New York City and later attended Harvard University where he studied philosophy.He graduated magna cum laude in 2003.

From the These are dark times. He said in the video that he had considered attending, near his home ... Historian Kerri Greenidge of Tufts denied endorsing the letter in spite of her signature being on it. But this needed reckoning has also intensified a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity.” It is very difficult to credit the honesty of someone who claims to be threatened by such sentiments.Among the signatories are a few people who have seen the very pointy end of moralistic illiberalism: Salman Rushdie, who wrote a novel that won him a death sentence from Tehran; Khaled Khalifa, whose novels are banned in his native Syria; Garry Kasparov, a survivor of Soviet repression and target of Vladimir Putin’s gestapo.The predictable backlash is having the predictable effect. : Vox: We should change the Constitution so Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can run for president Yglesias doesn’t want to just lower the age for running for the presidency, he wants to eliminate all restrictions on the right to run.

Ammon Bundy, an anti-government activist who lead the 41-day armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge back in 2016, expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement and for defunding the police in a recent Facebook video. ** So, not only do they want to come into America where most of them plan to become wards of the state, they now want to be paid reparations for their stupid decision to leave their home countries. By Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias Nov 17, 2016, 8:30am EST Share this story.