There are 3293 high school codes in California today, according to the ACT. We might as well be called inmates without this policy. However, this is no excuse; the dress code should be respected at all times.I believe this policy also gives us courage to be ourselves, especially among others. Eleanor Roosevelt High School is one of the few public schools in Prince Georges County that has a no uniform policy. Other high schools like Parkdale, Duval, Bladensburg, Northwestern, Laurel, and Charles H. Flowers all have policies that require their students to wear uniforms.I believe that the no uniform policy helps us, the students, discover ourselves sooner. Roosevelt Middle School. Corona-Norco Unified School District Nondiscrimination Statement. Dear Wilson Families, Please see the Corona-Norco Unified School District Dress Policy below.

Because students are busy learning (and teachers are busy teaching) during the school day, we suggest you contact the main office first if you need to reach a teacher during the day. This is where self-discovery begins, and looking like everyone else around us doesn’t make it any easier. High school is where we begin to learn who we are and become comfortable with ourselves. There are 3293 high school codes in California today, according to the ACT. Corona-Norco Unified School District Nondiscrimination Statement. One’s appearance matters, but if all students are dressing the same then there is nothing unique expressed for each student individually.Senior Olufunke Awowale said that “uniforms conform to gender alignment and here we are restricted by gender norms”.Nancy E. Bailey, PHD, an education author and activist wrote in her book, Not having to wear uniforms gives us freedom of expression “which also helps the LGBT community” Awowale continued.

The way that we present ourselves can sometimes show our inner-self.

I believe the no uniform policy is a step in the right direction.The only place that comes to mind when I think of somewhere where everyone dresses the same is prison. All Rights Reserved. The district has a large and complex dress policy that is linked below if you would like to review it. We are all different and I think it’s about time other schools start seeing it the way Eleanor Roosevelt High School does, and let the students express themselves…with a dress code attached of course.In order to promote individuality over conformity, apply the no uniform policy.Senior Esther Tanyi writes for The Raider Review newspaper as a staff writer.

The full list is shown in the table below, with name of each high school and the city where the school is located (based on the ACT official site). Please be informed that the list of high school codes in California may change throughout the year.

Other high schools like Parkdale, Duval, Bladensburg, Northwestern, Laurel, and Charles H. Flowers all have policies that require their students to wear uniforms. If you can’t find codes for the high schools of your interest, please Top Schools in the USA © 2020. This idea of individualism can mature with us.Other schools should consider the no uniform policy.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Eleanor Roosevelt High School's Student-Run Newspaper