Enodah Wilderness Travel and Trout Rock Lodge have catered to anglers from all over the world for more than 20 years. Because of this, pike fishing is some of the most exciting and fast action you can get on a northern lake. This page was last edited on 6 May 2017, at 08:20. My username to the fishing planet forums is Demineur666.Thank you for reading!!! Cast straight out towards the largest tree in the distance, you will be trying to get 150-210 feet out. 62 lbs northern pikes exist, can confirm that, have had one on twice that snapped my line like it was sowing thread.. and 2nd time I had a 17.5 kilo braid line.. (near 39 lbs)Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Whether you’re looking to learn about and target a new species, or just want to salvage a day when other species aren’t biting – the following is a quick rundown on how to target northern pike, from location to presentation. Fishing Planet Tips Monday, September 28, 2015. Esox is a genus of freshwater fish, the only living genus in the family Esocidae—the esocids which were endemic to North America and Eurasia during the Paleogene through present. Northern Pike (Esox lucius), is a species of carnivorous fish of the genus Esox (the pikes). The blade on the bait will almost always cause the lure to spin and can tangle and twist up your line over time.Spoons are another great lure to use for Northern Pike as they mimic baitfish like no other lure.Topwater frogs work wonders as you can cast them onto the bank and twitch or wake them back to you.Topwater rats or mice are another great bait to use for Northern Pike. The IGFA all-tackle world-record northern pike caught in 1986 in Germany was 55 lb. The best place to share your Fishing Planet experience. Find The Grass. Muskie. The biggest ever (confirmed) northern weighed 62 lb! Found in Europe and North America, the Northern Pike usually has a greyish-green body with light-yellow oval dots and no scales on the lower half of the gill cover. When pike fishing, focus on shallower, weedy areas like bays and flats. True id really like some big pike and musky We exist to make this a reality for current and future generations. From Fishing Planet Unofficial Wiki. © Valve Corporation. The big pike species are native to the Palearctic and Nearctic ecozones, ranging across northern North America and from Western Europe to Siberia in Eurasia. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. They have long slender bodies and toothy powerful mouths!

Northern Pike (Esox lucius), is a species of carnivorous fish of the genus Esox (the pikes). These fish are always feeding and can be a great fish to go after!We're always looking to improve our articles to help you become an even better fisherman.Hi, I’m Jon and I created Cast & Spear because I believe everyone deserves to catch fish. Their cheeks are fully scaled and the bottom half of the gill cover is not scaled. Tiger-Muskie. The answer depends a lot on the lure type and presentation involved. Individual pike marking patterns are unique, like fingerprints. When it comes to fishing for the trophy of a lifetime, there is no better fish than the Northern Pike. (When New Content Will Be Out I Will Edit The Guide.) They feed on any mouse or rat that tends to fall into the water or decides to swim across to the other side.