They're not all created equal5) Branches. Best move I made. I don't know how many each company has but if that is a need something to consider.In the end, you will be paying a commission one way or another. Open an account and use it for your needs or test drive it.Hopefully you'll either find their stuff really useful and see the value in the extra commission to support those efforts.

EDIT: Actually, if I recall correctly, the minimum for bonds on TD is $5000. Here is a fistful of links of people asking the same-ish question.Can we get a less snarky bot response? And I like having a local storefront. The lowest you'll see for that is probably $1000 too, but those might have higher management fees.If you're just planning to trade stocks go with whatever has the lower commissions or has the ETFs you'd want to trade commission free. They don't have a bunch of fees (like I had with WF) and you can get a real person on the phone by calling. I've never waited more than two minutes to talk to a customer rep and they will call back as necessary to follow up on a question that needs research.

What I would like to know isis it possible to automatically enter a trailing stop order at the same time as when I drop my entry order Orcan I set up an order template so that I can just click on the short side of the active trader after clicking on the long side of active trader and it be my desired trailing stop instead of a limit order at that price?I have a few watch lists on the ToS app and for some reason there's a stock that appears at the very bottom of every watch list I create.It does not go away! HTH. If you're going to try and learn options, ThinkOrSwim on TD is a pretty great platform.

Maybe you meant something else, but I'm a stupid bot and I have been programmed to respond to this.This question has been asked many, many (ohmygod-so-many) times. I know some will argue the savings can do you wonders.For the record I do have a TDA account along with have and had other brokerages. TD Ameritrade's main standout feature is the tie-in with TD Bank. Take the time to visit. Fidelity has a huge website with all kinds of research tools, mobile app and investor community. ThinkorSwim is owned by TD Ameritrade, TD Ameritrade is an American online broker based in Omaha, Nebraska, that has grown rapidly through acquisition to become the 746th-largest U.S. firm in 2008.

They don't have minimums for a lot of their mutual funds (or are $1)Was with Schwab years ago and now with Fidelity. I always get someone on the phone quickly IN THE USA who knows what the fuck they are talking about.I've only used TD Ameritrade briefly, no real complaints, thought the web interface was a bit jumbled, but didn't use it much.Have you considered Schwab? They are patient and explain things.I use Fidelity and love them. YMMV.I closed my TD account and I am sticking with Fidelity. I try to sign in and it acts like I'm signing in and then goes back to the sign in screen.Stocks/options newbie here. The positives for Fidelity are that (i) they have slightly lower commission rates than TD (4.95 vs 6.95) and (ii) my next job has retirement options in Fidelity which could simplify my accounting.Otherwise I am leaning towards TD Ameritrade. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for the services of myTrade, or content shared through the service. But thats just me.